Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Just ordered a thousand of the 10-1600\'s

these are the 10.5g "faux clay" dice chips found online at http://www.pokerchipreviews.com/injection.html (top review) -

I got one when I got my chip sampler - It's funny - I remember being so impressed with my 11.5 gram suited when I bought them two yrs ago, now that metal insert and heavy weight is getting on my nerves -

with my increased trips to LV in the last few months, having something closer feeling to a clay chip is a priority, but not enough of one to blow 1000 bucks on when a near reasonable approximation for $100 will do -

they virtually pass the drop test - drop a clay and a faux dice chip on the table and they sound almost the same - feel almost chalky - pretty plain, but maybe I'll take a bottle of model paint and paint edge spots - LOL

RB
Old 05-16-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Just ordered a thousand of the 10-1600\'s

[ QUOTE ]
these are the 10.5g "faux clay" dice chips found online at http://www.pokerchipreviews.com/injection.html (top review) -

I got one when I got my chip sampler - It's funny - I remember being so impressed with my 11.5 gram suited when I bought them two yrs ago, now that metal insert and heavy weight is getting on my nerves -

with my increased trips to LV in the last few months, having something closer feeling to a clay chip is a priority, but not enough of one to blow 1000 bucks on when a near reasonable approximation for $100 will do -

they virtually pass the drop test - drop a clay and a faux dice chip on the table and they sound almost the same - feel almost chalky - pretty plain, but maybe I'll take a bottle of model paint and paint edge spots - LOL

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah those are incredible for cheap chips. here's the cheapest i've seen them lately: <font color="orange">check these out @ 6¢/chip</font>.

hunter
Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 AM

I bought 1000 of them this weekend too. At under $0.06 apiece I couldn't resist.

If you do edgespot them, I'd like to see pictures.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 AM

that's who I ordered from -

I got one in the sample and also one of the plastic diamond ones, and they even feel different from those (you'd think they feel the same, right? - nope) - the dice one feel more like clay too

for a little over a hundred bucks, it's pretty damn cool

RB