Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Curtains: AI - 67 chip bubble raise

What is the reasoning behind this less than AI raise? Is it so, if bigstack pushes, but then one of the two shorter stacks picks up a hand, they can't call because if they do, you can fold and make ITM with your few remaining chips? This less than AI raise then would help to ensure that you get heads up with bigstack if he overpushes?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1367)
Button (t4645)
SB (t2300)
BB (t1688)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises t1300</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>
Old 12-27-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Curtains: AI - 67 chip bubble raise

I do this also sometimes. Im sure this is not so he can fold if others get involved, Curtains is not selling himself out like that. The reason I think I do this is because sometimes a solid bet like 1300 looks stronger than when someone is all-in with 1367 for example. If your opponents are not that sharp and are multi tabling they might not realize that you are so short and all they will see on the bet is a solid number. In the case of going all in with 1367 that looks a bit desperate and maybe someone will call. That is my reasoning for doing it.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:32 AM

Or it was some kind of misclick.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 07:35 AM

lol, i think youre overanalyzing this a tad
Old 12-27-2005, 07:39 AM

hes probably having trouble with the slider on party beta
Old 12-27-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Although I should allow this to go 2 pages so everyone can espouse the wisdom of leaving myself a few chips. I wasnt even really having "trouble" Im sure I scrolled it over and saw it didnt go all the way, and then decided it didnt make the slightest bit of difference anyway and just hit enter because Im playing 10 games at once, or however many I was alive in at that time.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I should allow this to go 2 pages so everyone can espouse the wisdom of leaving myself a few chips. I wasnt even really having "trouble" Im sure I scrolled it over and saw it didnt go all the way, and then decided it didnt make the slightest bit of difference anyway and just hit enter because Im playing 10 games at once, or however many I was alive in at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're not going to fold, BUT the other stacks don't necessarily know that. Say bigstack pushes. Now say one of the two players after him picks up a good hand. If there's ANY chance that they decide to stay out because they fear that you'll fold, by pushing even 1 chip less than all-in, you might buy yourself a heads up pot.

Could this ever work or no?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're not going to fold, BUT the other stacks don't necessarily know that. Say bigstack pushes. Now say one of the two players after him picks up a good hand. If there's ANY chance that they decide to stay out because they fear that you'll fold, by pushing even 1 chip less than all-in, you might buy yourself a heads up pot.

Could this ever work or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just once I'd like to see someone put in all but one chip and then fold. Fold getting like 1550000 to 1 on their money.

I almost folded to a 20 bet one time into a 4000 pot.... I had a very very specific read....

(don't worry - I called)