Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 AM

Default DERB river

villain is DERB

Party Poker 50.00/100.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

im thinking he plays AJ and AQ (maybe A9)with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] like this and would call a river bet but may not bet it

from my experience with him, he will not raise a flopped flush on the flop

there are also a lot of 2-pair or set or straight hands that beat me so getting raised after i bet would be no fun

what do yall think, check/call, bet/call, or bet/fold?

also what if i dont hit my king on the turn, do people like calling this down against an aggro player on this board or should i be letting it go?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: DERB river

I'd have to bet-fold this one. My experience with DERB is that he does not like to raise the river with anything less than what you can beat here. If he raises, I think you can safely muck. He could have the Ad and some sort of pair, and pay you off.

DERB doesnt play quite as bananas as many would like to believe. He would not think that a river bluff or semi-bluff raise is going to get you to lay down, so I think a river raise means he has the goods (or at least enough goods to take it down with this very threatening board).

TSP
Old 12-27-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: DERB river

I would never fold here. I think check call is the way to go. He knows you have AK, you know you have AK, hate to put in 2 bets on this river but have to pay it off.