Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: I have a butt problem

[ QUOTE ]
Ya know this thread will be filled with ass jokes any second now. BUT (cough cough cough) until then, I must say you should never complain about a woman oiling your ass with some ultrasound. Sounds good to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And my payment is only $20 per visit, so it's cheaper than a massage with no tipping required!

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Also see a Chiropractor.And WTF is Kaiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I chiropractor even do anything here? Kaiser is a BS all-in-one medical plan thingy I've had since I was born. I will have an actual PPO once I move to Henderson in 2 weeks.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't sit for long periods of time, it's bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long are we talking here? Like literally "All day" without getting up? or is it just like 5-6 hours on a daily basis
Old 12-22-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I chiropractor even do anything here? Kaiser is a BS all-in-one medical plan thingy I've had since I was born. I will have an actual PPO once I move to Henderson in 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. I'm a big believer in chiro, but finding one you're comfortable with could be harder. Ask around, get personal referrals.

If you've got a disc out of alignment, 3-4 visits to the chiropractor can easily put it back into place. Takes a few visits to get your back to fully let up and stop pulling it back out of place.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't sit for long periods of time, it's bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long are we talking here? Like literally "All day" without getting up? or is it just like 5-6 hours on a daily basis

[/ QUOTE ]

Not literally all day, obviously I get up to do stuff... but for several hours at a time is enough to cause both my problem as well as the more serious deep vein thrombosis they thought I had.

My recommendation was to get up once an hour and walk around.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. I'm a big believer in chiro, but finding one you're comfortable with could be harder. Ask around, get personal referrals.

If you've got a disc out of alignment, 3-4 visits to the chiropractor can easily put it back into place. Takes a few visits to get your back to fully let up and stop pulling it back out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't my disc though, it's my ass muscle.

Is he going to re-align my ass? Sounds like something I should be paying a hooker to do.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 PM

You need to be sitting on one of these. Seriously.

They've even got chairs with the ball built in.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A blonde?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A blonde?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't my disc though, it's my ass muscle.

Is he going to re-align my ass? Sounds like something I should be paying a hooker to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I'd see what the chiropractor says. Usually a muscle is in spasm or locked and pulls a disc out of alignment. A nerve doesn't get pinched due to the muscle, but due to the bones the muscle is pulling on. Muscles are usually in spasm because a vertebrae is out.

Yea...chicken and egg, the muscle pulls the disc, but the muscle is pulling because of the disc. What happens is you sat funny or slept funny and the long term pressure pushed something towards spasm...now it's locked up and won't let it go back. It's like a dislocated shoulder where they have to wrench it into place because the musles are all locked up mistakenly trying to prevent further damage.

Muscles don't just spasm/lock for the hell of it, they do it due to some trauma. Given your description, I don't think it was blunt force "fell on my ass" type trauma, but sounds more like nerve aggravation that chiro can help.

I am not a doctor...I've just had plenty of back/neck problems.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, didn't you read his post? He's in a wheelchair, no way is he going to be able to sit on some blonde chick.

Edit: G*dd*m, you guys are fast. I'm about 3 replies too late.