Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Adjusting my play -- PP 2/4 to AC live 4/8

[ QUOTE ]
Look left before acting!!! I still remember the $8 I lost when, on the button, I bet the ragged river with my overpair KK and was nearly beat into the pot by a old man in the big blind who called the whole way with a flopped two pair (53o). If I had only looked left I would have seen him with chips in hand, eager to call!

[/ QUOTE ]
that would make me more inclined to bet bro. think about it
Old 12-21-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Adjusting my play -- PP 2/4 to AC live 4/8

I second the point about passive play. It's so easy to get good reads on most of the players. There are people who will never bet/raise and then suddenly wake up when a red 2 falls on a black board of KQ98. Unless you can beat a set of 2's, it's probably better not to waste your money against a person like that.

Also, place less emphasis on semi-bluffing. People will call you down with much worse hands than you're used to seeing online, so raising the overcards and a gutshot isn't really going to do much for you. They'll pay you much more when you actually do hit your hands.

Also, try not to get too pissed off when the guy who limped T4o rivers his two pair to beat your aces.