Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: hmm

[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine. Raising doesn't really do...anything.

The only decision i'm mulling is the river call. A passive player three-bets preflop and then bets that river into a protected pot...i don't know if you are good even 5% of the time here.

The more I think about it...this is a river fold.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are folding this river - why are you calling the turn?

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno guys. The read we are given is that villain is both a) decent and b) passive. I don't see how this adds up to going insane with AK. Given this read I find it really, really unlikely that villain will make a river bet into a protected pot without having us beat. We might be good 1-25 times if we are lucky.

Heads-up, I call. Against an unknown, I call. But this read combined with a protected pot lets us fold.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, Ive looked this over a few times, weighed the reads, the board, and any other info provided....after 10 minutes more....I still say weak sauce. 1 in 25 if we are lucky? How is that? Have we shown any aggression to prove otherwise or attempt to gather anymore information? The OP's experience at 6max makes this move seem....uncharacteristic.

Seriously if im off base here, please someone explain how?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are folding this river - why are you calling the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
K-high flush draw.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're the favorite on the flop, and getting 2:1, I'd check-raise. As a side note you'll pick a lot of information about the 3-bettors hand this way since he will be much less likely to 3-bet a hand that you beat with the 3rd player in the pot as well, and he's already passive to begin with.

Your play is ok, certainly very passive and safe against a passive opponent who is showing strength. When your opponent bets the river into 2 players again, your hand is worth a crying call at best, but I couldn't fold either after showing so little strength.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Well from what I remember while playing this hand, the guy was pretty passive, so to me, his 3bet was a pretty strong move. I figured AA-QQ, AK, AQs. Id seen him cold call JJ before, so Id discount JJ-TT, maybe AQs as well (dunno about AQs part though) Taking out JJ and TT its 12:12 Im ahead or behind. Adding in and discounting JJ and TT by 50 percent (may or may not be totally accurate) we are looking at 15:13.5. my favor (this is taking into account that we are not discoutning AQs and the offsuit AK hands...because obviously if u take out the offsuit AK hands that puts me even farther ahead of his range. And of course if u discount nothing, just making his range AA-TT, AK, AQs we get a lovely 18:15 my favor by a little). I didnt think I was ahead enough to c/r here. Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong. As far as playing this in my usual 6max, I usually always c/r here then sometimes capping the flop bet, sometimes just calling the down the flop 3bet to the river...depending on the opponent (usually capping an aggressive player.)

Also, assuming no improvement on the turn are u calling or folding if u do c/r and get 3bet on the flop (and does your answer change if its a heads up pot or not)

--Dustin
Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also say fold the river, but the pot is 13.2 Big Bets large. I guess you can fold if you're confident enough in you read or have PT stats on him over a laaaarge sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]
id value bet JJ/QJ/AT on that river