Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 AM

Default intresting hands (3 of them)

3 intresting hands. Its 10/20 but ignore that. Think of it as 5/10, the tables were really not that aggressive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No reads. All these hands happened in the 1st 10-20 min at the tables.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero does what?.............

(If u call, your river action? If u raise your river action? If u fold u have no river action)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had enough of a read that this table was playing like a micro table at this point. PPl limping c/c w/ trash and even limping w/ good hands.

Poster could have any random. What do u think...flop and turn especially.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CO I have not seen much out of. Anybody play this different?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: intresting hands (3 of them)

Hand 1: I don't know. I think I call. There is too good a chance that you get 3-bet if you raise and then you can't be sure if you are being 3-bet by a Ten or by a flush, so you almost have to call because you might have outs either way and the pot is big. So, you might end up putting 4 bets into this pot with a loser. Yeah, call and hope nobody checkraises.

Hand 2: I check the flop. This isn't the best place to semi-bluff with a gutshot because there are 2 broadways, 2 straight cards, and 2 flush cards. Too many reasons for someone to call. Plus, your pair outs are undercards. With 97o I would prefer to semibluff on flops like Q65 or T62.

Hand 3: I think you can bet-fold the river, but checking behind is OK, too.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:13 AM

1) hand 1: call and pray it doesn't get raised. if it does, call one bet. If it's check/3bet i guess we won't have odds to boat up so fold.

Call one bet on the river.

2) i don't really dig the flop bet. Undercards and a gutshot? icky.

3) i would bet the river after CO bets the turn then checks the river. Fold to a c/r and feel stupid.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 AM

Hand 1: This is close. If no one has a 10, then we have odds to call. If UTG ck raises then we should fold as we are likely drawing to 2 outs.

Hand 2: check /fold the flop with 2 overs on the board and only a gutshot. Change the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] into a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I love it.

Hand 3: I play it exactly like this so that means we should've value bet the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 AM

Hand 2 - UR pot, yeah, I was not a fan of this hand. The flop bet is definitly gross. Definitly misplayed, just one of those mistakes u sometimes make while playing. Really my thought process on that was was poster w/ a random and sb who limped, so I took a shot on the board knowing it was gross.

hand 3 I took a couple of seconds before I checked. He was a passivish player, loved the donk, but the 3bet was new. I was like what the hell does he go crazy with on this flop, seeing him play and hit a pair before and he hadnt pulled this. I didnt think he'd do this on a draw or say, top board pair. Maybe two pair. I mean seeing him go crazy on the flop was new, and while I would usually bet this river when checked to I didnt here. He turned out to be quite a bad player. He had AA. Weird hand.

Im assuming you guys call the river if he bets, or do u re-evaluate?