Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Big street decision

[ QUOTE ]
when you say interracial kings does this mean you have the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? because that makes the biggest difference in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is important, my bad. It's the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 12-15-2005, 04:46 PM

Why is the King's suit important? I count two hearts on board. I would call twice but I think 3 betting now is better than calling and raising the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is the King's suit important? I count two hearts on board. I would call twice but I think 3 betting now is better than calling and raising the river.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then there would be a lot less hands that the villain could be semi-bluffing with.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River raise and fold to a 3bet. Getting capped on the turn really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you 3-bet and he caps, and the river does not improve your hand, do you call a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't plan on calling a turn 4-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
What if the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sfer:

I lean toward a flat call on the turn and a call/raise on the river.

--If he has a made hand like a pocket pair or a nine, then will he not likely fold to a 3 bet? And you really would rather let him see the river and collect that extra bet when he only has 2 outs.

--If he picked up a heart draw, don't you think that the times he whiffs, he is still going to lead the river often? If so, you will collect the same amount when you are ahead and stay ahead, but lose more when he hits.

--If he has a 5 I guess it is a wash if you plan on raising the river on a blank....but it depends on what you do if he caps the turn when you 3-bet and what you do when he 3-bets the river when you wait.

--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes. But I think calling the turn gives me a chance to suckout.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you 3-bet and he caps, and the river does not improve your hand, do you call a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. That makes more sense to me. In this case, I prefer the raise the river and fold to 3-bet line. It feels like your opponent will be playing their hand more honestly on the river so being reraised there means more.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're willing to just call the C/R because it gives you the chance to suckout when behind, then you have to call a 4-bet for the same reason.

Also, if your read on this player says that he's aggressive and good(although you didn't specifically say this in OP) enough to make this move with a hand you beat on the turn, then I think he is probably capable of picking up on your defensive turn call and might try to capitalize on your plan to fold to a 3-bet on the river. This all depends on your opponent, but I'm just throwing that out there.

My inclination is to 3-bet the turn and if you get popped, buckle in and trust your read on the river. (assuming your two-outer doesn't hit)
Old 12-16-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're willing to just call the C/R because it gives you the chance to suckout when behind, then you have to call a 4-bet for the same reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a very small part of the reason to just call the check raise and it would be the only reason to call the 4 bet. The pot is not big enough to call the 4 bet based on sucking out.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a very small part of the reason to just call the check raise and it would be the only reason to call the 4 bet. The pot is not big enough to call the 4 bet based on sucking out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutly right, I misunderstood OP's reply about sucking out. I was trying to get to the fact that if we're calling the check raise for that reason (where the pot is HU and small) than folding to a 4-bet doesn't make a lot of sense. Thanks for the response.

I still prefer 3-betting the turn though. I just don't like not getting at least one extra BB in there without being shown a little extra aggression from the BB, and I don't like raising the river based on what I said before. Raising and tehn folding the river can too easily put a target on our heads.