Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:55 AM

Default 3 intresting/misplayed hands

3 most intresting/possibly-misplayed hands for the day. Have at them.

-------------------------------------------------

This hand was awkward. No real reads. They are kind of passive though. I dont know how hot my turn bet is here. Also my outs on the flop and everywhere really could be [censored] to hell.

River, is intresting to I think. If MP overcalled it would have been even more intresting.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

------------------------------------------------------

Table of passive players. I really wanted to lead the flop here, but didnt. Talk shop about river to.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls (All-In).

River: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

-----------------------------------------------

3rd hand w/ this guy, so nay a read in sight. This sucks. Am I the only one not strong enough to fold here? Im usually folding to a decent player, a LPP, a calling station...etc.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero FINDS HIMSELF IN A SICK SITUATION and calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets (All-In)</font>, Hero calls. ---BB bet 1/2 a BB ALL In.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: 3 intresting/misplayed hands

I dont bet the turn in hand 1, and your river call... Well thats a unlikly win but hey lol.
----
I either bet the flop or let the turn check through in hand 2. Yeah to many players and third best pair on a PASSIVE table. Hmm

-----

Hand 3, looks ok - Maybe we're behind on a King or some other hand(Sets and wierd 2pairs etc hmm) but it may be a bluff(Seems a strange one though but we're getting 6:1 and we may be ahead or have hidden outs(67 we have Aces/Kings but does look like King... tough one - I hate HU play).

River is an easy call for 14:1.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 AM

hand 1 - c/c the river - are you good 1 in 7? easy muck if MP overcalls, BB may be taking a stab, but any diamond beats you...i c/c as well and look pissed off when i see T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the missed gutshot turned crap flush

Hand 2 - what else can you do? i dont bet that flop, when it's checked through i do bet the turn and i don't like the river, so i c/f. yay, free showdown.

hand 3 - apart from folding to the c/r on the turn, you have to call the river getting 15-1.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:12 AM

Hand 1: I like it. Checking the river against 2 opponents makes sense. If there was a bet and a raise then you can fold for free. If there was a bet and a call then I think you can fold.

Hand 2: I don't like leading this flop. I would be prepared to check-fold. Turn bet is so-so. Against 3 opponents I think someone has an Ace or King 90% of the time. I'm check-folding that river. Gutshots just went ahead of you and you are probably beat by the all-in guy anyway. Worse hands are calling your bet.

Hand 3: Since the BB only has 1/2 BB after his turn raise I am calling this 100% of the time. He'll be raising 6x/2x/air enough of the time. Plus, you will sometimes improve on the river.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 AM

a couple of thoughts:

hand 1: i play it the same. it is very awkward as you said, but i think it's right. the turn bet looks awful when you get two calls, but you really expect one at most and in that case you will either have the best hand or plenty of outs to draw against a 5 or 9 or whatever.

hand 2: easy bet/fold on the river, as MP's most likely holding is a 7.

hand 3: i have no problem folding this turn vs. unknown.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I don't like leading this flop. I would be prepared to check-fold. Turn bet is so-so. Against 3 opponents I think someone has an Ace or King 90% of the time. I'm check-folding that river. Gutshots just went ahead of you and you are probably beat by the all-in guy anyway. Worse hands are calling your bet.

Hand 3: Since the BB only has 1/2 BB after his turn raise I am calling this 100% of the time. He'll be raising 6x/2x/air enough of the time. Plus, you will sometimes improve on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^ thanks for typing these out for me, i agree 100%.

i check/fold turn in hand 1 because i am a wuss.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:50 AM

Hand 1: Pete hand one might be a slim c/c (easy much if MP overcalls for sho), but Ive been noticing more and more ppl taking shots or betting pairs when checked to on crazy boards like this. If I remember correctly though, the guy had 37o, no diamond
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2. Looks like the majority doesnt lead here, and while in the hand I was pretty torn. Im either c/f or bet/folding, which could/would/probably be a waste of a bet. I really really dislike crap situations like this. Its easy to play, but I just hate the situation ("Hey welcome to poker buddy").

Still bet/folding is indeed a waste of a bet a good amount of the time. If I get called, I have no idea whats going to happen, besides figuring its time to put on the pokah hat (which usually entails folding the turn)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah Hand 3. Sometimes Im in the middle of something else and dont really have my mind on the play at hand, so I just hit the call button which is soooooo bad. I mean, I didnt even notice that the guy was almost all in.

Anyway, as far as how big of a mistake, its way way bad if he has a set or K7/67. The other times if he has just a K, K6, 62, etc I have 5 outs (and possibly counterfit outs). If thats the case, and we count implied odds at 1.5bbs (remember Im still deluded at that point and forget hes almost stacked off), if I have 5 outs the mistake is like .05bb of a mistake. But obviously it could be worse that that.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

This is almost always a clear turn fold (we against a good number of ppl). And his about to go all in makes it even worse, imo...it magnifies the mistake as I have no implied odds at all.

I need to stop auto-hitting buttons and just reacting to action w/o thinking. I play sooo much better when Im paying attention. (am I the only idiot that does this while playing, or is there a few out there with me)
Old 12-14-2005, 07:52 AM

crap, forgot to mention what Spy Dog hit on, if hes stacking off on hand 3, it could be pretty lite. So that makes it closer than I had thought intially.

Also, Hand 1. Still betting the river against 1 opponent or still c/c?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 AM

I'm interested in the turn bet in hand 1. How often do you think YHIG on the turn, and how often do you expect 2 folds? It seems like you'll frequently just put money in with the second-best hand here in a small pot.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in the turn bet in hand 1. How often do you think YHIG on the turn, and how often do you expect 2 folds? It seems like you'll frequently just put money in with the second-best hand here in a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three things:

1) You may have the best hand.
2) Your flush outs may be good.
3) Your straight outs may be good.

If you add these 3 things up then you need to call the turn if it is bet. However, if you are planning to call a bet then usually betting yourself is a better plan because sometimes they will both fold. Getting 1 person to fold is OK, too, because they likely have outs against you.