Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 06:39 AM

Default K3s BB Defense

I'm dabbling a bit in 10/20 to see how the game plays and get some experience. I haven't datamined the game at all, so I don't have much for reads to go on. Villain here to this point appears to be a little too loose preflop and not overly aggressive or passive.

Converter seems to be down so I'll post by hand.

Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB
Folded around to Villain on the Button who raises. SB folds and I call.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I C/R and Villain 3-bets. I call.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I donk.

FWIW, I had planned on donking almost any turn card with that being my last bet put into the pot (barring a K and possibly a 2)
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: K3s BB Defense

I don't like the flop CR. He's calling you down with Ace hi on this board a good majority of the time. I think you should only checkraise this flop if you are holding 5x/9x/PP/AT+. Otherwise, check-fold.

I'm really not that keen with defending any hand containing a 2/3/4 (except A2s/A3s/A4s), unless you have a super good grip on your opponent.

I don't like the turn donk. He'll bet the turn for you. Donk the river if it's not an ace.