Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Hand from 2+2 table last night

oreo,

first graph is a bit confusing becuase it's not always clear when you are talking about me or scotty, but I think I get the gist.

preflop I agree was bad on my part.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe that if jba checks this river, it should be with the intention of folding. At first this sounds ridiculous, but think about it and see if you can come up with why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually going to suggest this, but wasn't able to spell out exactly why. I think you are probably right though, but you really need to start believing both of you are doing some 2nd level thinking. He has to know that you realize he has a pair here, and that you are only going to value bet a bigger pair in this spot.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:09 PM

"I honestly believe that if jba checks this river, it should be with the intention of folding. At first this sounds ridiculous, but think about it and see if you can come up with why."

if I thought you were playing honest poker I think you are right. you were definitely capable of taking a shot at me there though.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe that if jba checks this river, it should be with the intention of folding. At first this sounds ridiculous, but think about it and see if you can come up with why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually going to suggest this, but wasn't able to spell out exactly why. I think you are probably right though, but you really need to start believing both of you are doing some 2nd level thinking. He has to know that you realize he has a pair here, and that you are only going to value bet a bigger pair in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if I bet here, I know that he will not be calling with a missed draw. If I bet, it will NEVER be with the hope that I can push him off a better hand. It would be strictly a bet for value.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I honestly believe that if jba checks this river, it should be with the intention of folding. At first this sounds ridiculous, but think about it and see if you can come up with why."

if I thought you were playing honest poker I think you are right. you were definitely capable of taking a shot at me there though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not have been playing great, but I am smart enough to know that you are calling any pair considering how I have been playing so far.

Edit: I am certainly capable of taking a shot at you here, but it would have been in the form of a bluff raise, not a bluff bet.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Alright, well I think we have covered most of it. For those interested, I had A5o. If jba bets the river, does anyone like the bluff-raise?

Edit: FWIW I play a PP and A6 the exact same way here.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:29 AM

i am hyper aggressive, and i'd probably raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet.

since you didn't, i'd bet-fold the river, which would make a bluff-check-raise profitable (but unlikely).

I dont think villain would 3bet me on the turn without a T or overpair (set/straight also). So i like a turn raise.

Also, i may flat call 54s PF here to the steal, since that may allow me to do the same with a big pair later on and f**k him.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 AM

Neither of us are going to fold this turn for any amount of bets.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:22 AM

ok so i just looked over the hand again, i really shouldnt post past 12AM as i totally missed that pair.

I think JBA should check call, I reckon you're likly to bluff.

Hard to put you on a range as the 2+2 games are just psycho lol. you could have AA for all i know... doubt it but its not excluded.

A6, 44-AA anything...

The pots massive, no ones folding.. but you may bluff raise or bet so i'll check.

p.s. I'd play 1/2 or .5/1 6max with you lot. I dont feel like moving up to be lagged by 2+2ers LOL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 AM

yeah my cap would be 1/2 6max as i'm finally 500BB rolled for 2/4 i don't want to sink 50BB of that in a 3/6 game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]