Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Hand from 2+2 table last night

[ QUOTE ]
"when you bet, am I going to call a worse hand ever? "

I would not have been shocked to have it go bet/call and have you show down a pair of threes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my range of 3-betting hands there, A3 is the only possibility (or K3s possibly). Given the flop action, I'm not sure if I would have even called the turn with A3. Though you are right, I did make a really bad calldown with AT unimproved earlier against Spicymoose.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM

i thought for sure you would call down with a pair but thought you would fold AK/AQ on the turn. is that true?

I also had zero trust in you and folding after the board paired was out of the question. I dont like bet/fold, too much chance of being pushed off of my hand which had happened too much already.

IMO the only hands you possibly call the river on are A3/K3/A5
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when you bet, am I going to call a worse hand ever? "

I would not have been shocked to have it go bet/call and have you show down a pair of threes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my thinking, too. Or a stubborn AK/AQ, if he put you on the busted straight draw but no the pair. I like bet/folding this river a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the flop action, I don't think I would ever call this river with a worse hand (if I was playing smart). I may raise with a worse hand however as a last ditch effort after seeing the board pair and the straight draw miss to make it look like I felt his two-pair may have just been counterfeited, or b/c I realized that any draw has now missed.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought for sure you would call down with a pair but thought you would fold AK/AQ on the turn. is that true?

I also had zero trust in you and folding after the board paired was out of the question. I dont like bet/fold, too much chance of being pushed off of my hand which had happened too much already.

IMO the only hands you possibly call the river on are A3/K3/A5

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I call A5 on the river but fold AK on the turn?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM

"Given the flop action, I don't think I would ever call this river with a worse hand "

another hand that makes me feel otherwise

I raise on the button, scotty 3bets SB, I cap

flop 54Kr
scotty checks, I bet, scotty raises, I call
turn J completing rainbow
scotty bets, I call
river 5
scott checks, I bet, scotty calls with A4
Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why would I call A5 on the river but fold AK on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK has to call two bets hoping he isn't reverse dominated/drawing dead, A5 has an OESD and then is getting lots-1 to call on the river?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 PM

I like a check on the river for sure. I think jba has to call a bet because you may take a shot on the river here enough of the time. From you're perspective, what would jba be capping on the flop? It really has to be a pair at this point. He's not going to spew that much with something like A5, or some other 5. After he caps the flop and leads the turn, you are putting him on a pair and are probably only calling a river bet if you have a better hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 PM

OK, well if I was playing smart, then I should not ever call with a worse hand here, though I could raise with a worse hand. This is all after-the-fact thinking however, which is obvisouly biasing me, as I was by no means playing close to optimal. Perhaps you were exploiting my mistakes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:49 PM

check/call if he's truly lag , if he will call with high cards here then bet (if he calls with those, thats kind of bleh unless he thinks u were making a move with a gutshot or whatever on a low rainbow board). 3betting this flop w/o a pair or w/o something like A7 is also pretty lame, even then w/ A7o Im not 3betting a c/r on a rainbow board which is either a pair, draw or a move. Id maybe call the river w/ A7, I also sometimes raise some turns. I know if u have a gutshot u also usually have good pair outs, I just dont see how 3betting this flop would do u any good though: u stop bluffs, sometimes get 3bet by a pair or draw, sometimes just get called down by a pair or draw.

Also I hate folding 54s preflop, but the 3/6 structure is pretty lame, so I think raising this, out of position to a lag/tag, having to invest more in a 1/3 blind structure w/ rake to think about, is not so hot.

(Question: Does anybody raise 54s preflop here, in a 1/3 blind structure if u didnt have to think about rake?)
Old 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a check on the river for sure. I think jba has to call a bet because you may take a shot on the river here enough of the time. From you're perspective, what would jba be capping on the flop? It really has to be a pair at this point. He's not going to spew that much with something like A5, or some other 5. After he caps the flop and leads the turn, you are putting him on a pair and are probably only calling a river bet if you have a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly believe that if jba checks this river, it should be with the intention of folding. At first this sounds ridiculous, but think about it and see if you can come up with why.