Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-12-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Tough decision vs frappe

[ QUOTE ]
math, = on 4th 13 dead 39 live, 4 aces & 3 queens.
AA=6 QQ=3 at least 1 king =75 (38+38-1 think this is right)
9 times ahead 75 times behind. 8.33-1 or .12% chance ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to think about this, but if this is right, then your calculations look correct.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:39 AM

Combination of Frappe having a pocket pair + you being able to suckout even if he has KKK = cya at the river time. You cant fold this.

Mike Emery
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2dimes querry equity of 666 vs. KKK7 ~22%(KKK2 was a few .001 dif)
therefore equity equals

.785 * .12 + .22* .88 = .194

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, no. If he has 22% equity against trip kings, how can he have LESS equity against the entire range.

I did the calculation myself and got 28% average equity. Not sure what that means.
Also, I think one usually has considerably more equity in this spot - the dead ten is the problem here. So I think this is probably a fold against Frappe, but only against Frappe or somebody with a similarly tight range and only because of the dead ten.

As an aside, I think it’s interesting that he actually has MORE equity with a 4-flush here (around 35%). And with 7d8d6dTd he’s only a 45-55 dog.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Its a fold against frappeboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Failing to acknowledge the fact that frappeboy is one of the biggest rock at 5/10 is ignoring information.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not knowing who this Frappe person is, I would kick myself in the head for slow-playing on 3rd and not finding out where I really am in the hand. Whoever's in the pot with you will give some representation of their hand, in this case it appears Frappe would've reraised you on 3rd. And there you have it, you know he's on split K's. 4th brings him trips and it's an easy fold now. Hope this answers your query.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's being results oriented and does nothing to answer the question. If frappeboy was LeLaised on 3rd, he would most likely give lstream credit for a big hand soon enough, and lstream would lose needed deception against a solid player. There's nothing wrong with slowplaying hands from time to time.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If frappeboy was LeLaised on 3rd, he would most likely give lstream credit for a big hand soon enough,

[/ QUOTE ]
Precisely - we have played each other enough, where I find it necessary to rely on deception wherever I can find it. LeLaising would have a solid chance of causing him to fold fourth if he bricked.

There is another angle to this hand that I have not seen discussed. How do I play the later streets if he hits an ace or queen? Do I keep playing the sixes or do I bail? Either the queen or ace is likely harmless, but how do I know which one? So there is a good chance I am forced into a bad fold on later streets is there not? How should this be factored into the third street decision?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:40 AM

If you decide to call down you sure as hell can’t fold if he hits an ace or queen, except on the river (where you probably should fold UI in any case). Remember, there are only 9 ways he can have either of those hands, whereas there are like 74 ways he can have trip kings.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM

On third, is Frappe really so tight he won't raise a k-high three flush or a hand like (AQ)K or (88)K coming in? Assuming this is a decent game, with players who call with weak hands and are readable, I can't believe his only raising hands here are AA-QQ.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On third, is Frappe really so tight he won't raise a k-high three flush or a hand like (AQ)K

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:07 PM

He's first in here -- I could see if lstream had already limped that he'd be more conservative. This is not how I play poker, but I have only played a little 5-10 online.