Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Semi-deep stacked on the bubble

So villain is somewhat loose and really hates folding a hand preflop. I am too deep to push, and I don't like raising since I am just going to bloat the pot OOP. 1 pair hands like small pots so should I just call and lead on a favorable flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t610)
UTG (t3245)
Button (t5085)
Hero (t4560)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, Button raises to t300</font>, Hero...
Old 12-11-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Semi-deep stacked on the bubble

buyin? what is a favorable flop?

I'd see how much he bets on flop, and usually checkraise it and then if he calls forget about it.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:42 PM

why not raise to t900 and push and pull a S&amp;G on a safe flop?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 PM

It must be too early but I do not know what line you are suggesting. How can I pull a stop and go if I raise?
Old 12-11-2005, 02:01 PM

I'm taking a stab at this, so ... What about calling and leading ~t500 bet on any flop that contains only one face card or A? Maybe lead any flop, period. Push any flop with all unders.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:02 PM

I would smooth call and pop him on the flop 75% of the time(depends on board texture. Going broke here would be a disaster. So if he calls you on the flop I wouldnt touch it afterwards.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:18 PM

I would call and lead with a potsized bet on most flops. Like you said, you don't want to bloat the pot OOP. With the shortstack being that short, villain should be hesitant to fight back on the flop unless he has a real hand. It will be much cheaper for you to find out where villain stands by just calling/betting flop rather than raising to say 750-900 and having to lead out on the flop with 1600-2000 chips already out there.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:10 PM

I like calling, and making a small stab at the pot on the flop, assuming you don't hit your 9. If the fourth guy weren't in there, I like rej-raising and then leading out at the flop. With the fourth guy so short-stacked, I think patience is prudent here. Go ahead an take a shot, but without putting too many chips in play.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So villain is somewhat loose and really hates folding a hand preflop. I am too deep to push, and I don't like raising since I am just going to bloat the pot OOP. 1 pair hands like small pots so should I just call and lead on a favorable flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t610)
UTG (t3245)
Button (t5085)
Hero (t4560)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this situation.
Calling is to weak in my opinion, plus chances are card higher than 9 will flop and he will fire a continuation bet putting you in a tuff spot.

I raise to 1200 and blow him out. If he comes over-top, just let it go. If he calls you need to re-evaluate after the flop.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BB (t610)
UTG (t3245)
Button (t5085)
Hero (t4560)

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this situation.
Calling is to weak in my opinion, plus chances are card higher than 9 will flop and he will fire a continuation bet putting you in a tuff spot.

I raise to 1200 and blow him out. If he comes over-top, just let it go. If he calls you need to re-evaluate after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising to t900 accomplishes the same w/o spewing chips when he does come over the top.