Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Guy tells me that he\'s going to call with any 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally believe turning the chat off costs EV. At least for people who have the ability to use it to their advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems villain here used the fact you have chat on to HIS advantage, isn't that so? If i don't chat at all, villian might realize i have chat turned off and can't hear his stupid little threats, therefore they have no effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
He might have used it to his advantage, but that doesn't mean ignoring it is the best move for me. I figure that the chances of the villian realizing that you don't use chat is near zero.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This would not affect my range one bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops sorry this post and the previous are the works of 'Deuce2High'. Just at Dave's house forgot I was logged into his name. Holla.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:42 AM

If he actually calls with any two (or at least really loosens up), it should alter your push range. Or at least I think so... just put it in SNGPT. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 AM

Doesn't elementary game theory teach us that any cheap-talk should be ignored?

What he says he'll do is irrelevant to your decision.

Forget about what he exactly said, but do take into consideration the fact that he's upset, and loosen his calling range a bit when doing your calculations.

Notice here that we're not opening his range because he said "I'm going to call with any two," but we're doing it because we determine that he's upset and is more likely to make a loose call.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 AM

I've said I would call with any two a few times and then called. But I have gotten ok hands (T9s etc) so I am not sure if I would do it if I got 32o. The one condition that has to be there is that he is a solid heavy multitabler that I am bound to run into plenty of times in the future and that I am reasonably sure he is pushing close to any two. Better to be known as someone who will spitecall than someone who gives up his blind too much IMO.

I might clarify that it wasn't me Splashpot ran into, since it probably is over a month since I last did it.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This would not affect my range one bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops sorry this post and the previous are the works of 'Deuce2High'. Just at Dave's house forgot I was logged into his name. Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptor lives in a "house"...I thought he lived under a Bridge?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on. If some guy said this, then didn't follow through with it, he would look like a huge idiot. I personally believe turning the chat off costs EV. At least for people who have the ability to use it to their advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does he look like now?

I do this all the time and never follow through with it. There's no honor amung theives.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:36 AM

This is definitely +EV for him. This is basically equivalent to the $215ers who loosen up their calling ranges against regulars so they stop stealing their blinds.

It's pretty easy to use SnGPT to find out what hands to push (or ICM if you don't have it). If you don't have SnGPT and just want an answer, give stack sizes and somebody'll answer.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:30 PM

He's going to feel like an idoit when 53o gets dealt his way next hand. If it's a decent hand that would warrant a push anyway...do it. In other words, it shouldn't affect your pushing standards.

I've since turned my chat off for just this reason. Too many times I was seeing "It works every time but the last" and "somebody call this moron". It was affecting my game, so I did something about it.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many times I was seeing "It works every time but the last"

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I saw this, I responded: "so they say". Later I called one of his (infrequent) all-ins and knocked him out. I said: "works every time but one." And, he went balistic.