Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:35 AM

Default J4s

MP1 is TAG 16/12/2.3 after 21,000 hands, as far as i can remember i have no real history with him

MP2 is a donkey 50/12/1.1

Party Poker 30.00/60.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 12-11-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: J4s

I understand your thinking, MP2 probably doesn't check the turn with a pair, so his most likely holding is a deuce. But those this to be worth it, you have to have MP2 beat, and MP1 has to have you beat and not call. I dunno, seems like a lot of trouble for a 6BB pot.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:02 AM

PREFLOP: I would fold, I dont think J4s is a profitable call out of the BB getting 7-1.

FLOP: Looks right, you have enough to peal.

TURN: Standard

RIVER: The problem I have with this play is that the MP2 player actually couldve checked the turn with a pair higher than yours cuz he mightve feared that you had the flush and he didnt want to get checkraised. I do however believe that the Tag is folding this river to your raise every time even if he has a better hand than you, so you have that much going for you. And I also think if the MP2 guy has a better hand than you, which I believe he does, He is never folding. Once again, this is a debatable play, I wouldve folded the river.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 AM

I thought it was profitable to call with any two suited getting 7:1 on the BB. I even heard that it was profitable calling with any two suited on the BB versus one raiser and one caller. I don't know about my second statement though.

On the river you're raising to get MP1 to lay down a pocket pair under A or K, but won't he have just as much trouble overcalling if you just call?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:25 AM

I've recently instituted a policy of calling with any two out of the BB if there's a raiser and 1 caller. I'll let you know how it's working out after a while.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was profitable to call with any two suited getting 7:1 on the BB. I even heard that it was profitable calling with any two suited on the BB versus one raiser and one caller. I don't know about my second statement though.

On the river you're raising to get MP1 to lay down a pocket pair under A or K, but won't he have just as much trouble overcalling if you just call?

[/ QUOTE ]
I honestly dont know for sure if its profitable or not, getting 7-1 with any two suited, I just assumed it wasnt.
I could be wrong but I really think it's -EV.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a lot of trouble for a 6BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Well we flop a flush .8% of the time, a flush draw 10.9%, two pair 2.02%, a pair 33%. Getting 7:1 we can probably turn a profit.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:15 PM

im usually plaing any two suited in this spot, that may be wrong, i dont know

anyway, my thoughts on the river were that MP1 likely had something like 77-QQ and i want him out, i figured MP2 had two cards that might have had something to do with the board

as toss said, MP1 probably wouldnt have overcalled anyway, so i guess it may not be worth the raise

MP1 thought for a minute and folded, i got lucky and MP2 had 33 and payed me off, i dont know how often im going to be ahead of him in the long-run and MP1 may fold his pair anyway, so i guess a call is best, maybe a fold

it was definately pretty phat to extract the max from 33 though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well we flop a flush .8% of the time, a flush draw 10.9%, two pair 2.02%, a pair 33%. Getting 7:1 we can probably turn a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not think the hero will turn a profit getting 7:1 with this hand, It would be nice if someone could prove me wrong here, since playing more hands = more fun. So if anyone has any strong evidence on this one feel free to comment.