Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Let\'s rationalize our absurd standards for girls

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this has been addressed before, but never in its own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it has (sometime last month), though I never read it

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I think I'll wait for someone else to confirm it's a repeat thread. Can someone at least give me a link?

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's because by saying something like that, they are trying to imply that they themselves are hot [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I:
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that makes people like you more? It sort of reminds me of the weird high shool-style mentality that thinks acting completely disinterested in girls is a good way to get them to like you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 AM

Here is the problem with this Evan: How many people would have to show pictures from this (NSFW)? (top post)

craig
Old 12-10-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I posted in another thread I think the ad for The Producers (the big cutout thing in theatres) makes Uma Thurman look like a transvestite. She has a nice body but that face is something else.

Someone posted in the 'girls that are sexy but ugly' thread he thought Uma and that one from Sex and the City fit that category. I too think they both have ugly faces.

Do I need to post pics? If so I refuse. What are you gonna do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think Uma Thurman has an attractive face, so you don't need to. Had you needed to and this plan was accepted by the powers that be in OOT I would do nothing about it. Those in charge would follow the established guidelines, possibly a one day ban.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:15 AM

LOL this post could have written by jason_t about an Alizee disser.

But I agree, the put-downs of hot girls on OOT has always been ridiculous.

I will actually address the subject in the title, though.

Why do I sometimes rationalize standards for girls that I can't meet myself?

I'm only human, next question.

Actually, I'm kidding. There's a difference between desires and standards. I like a 10 as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean I actually think an 8 or a 7 doesn't meet my standards.

I think once you get past ugly or plain, you start getting into things that are hard to measure and depend a lot on personal taste, too. I'm not into fat chicks, for instance, but I've seen some fat chicks that made me wish I were. We're more or less forgiving depending on what we like, and that changes our rating. And I've found it rare that a good personality or a lot of energy can't bump a woman up anywhere from 1 to 3 levels.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 AM

i think astro would have good judgement in enforcing this rule too...
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the problem with this Evan: How many people would have to show pictures from this (NSFW)? (top post)

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sort of the idea. Hopefully this will slow down the rate of these annoying posts.

I think a good addition to the picture requirement is that you must be in the picture yourself. If you are not in the OOT photo directory you must also provide a picture of you in front of 2+2 signed in on your name. You can never be too careful.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:17 AM

I'm glad someone made a thread about this because this has been bugging me for a while too. That VS thread is ridiculous. I love that a bunch of people even said "gross what's with her leg" at the obvious reflection off the stage, which should be obvious to anyone that is not half retarded.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a 10 as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean I actually think an 8 or a 7 doesn't meet my standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a 5 or 6 doesn't meet your standards either. Honestly, would anyone in their right mind see Tyra Banks at a bar and react by thiking, "man, I'd like to bang her if only she could put a bag over her face so I wouldn't see her forehead"?

Basically I think having this forum reflect reality, even slightly, is a good thing.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sort of the idea. Hopefully this will slow down the rate of these annoying posts.

I think a good addition to the picture requirement is that you must be in the picture yourself. If you are not in the OOT photo directory you must also provide a picture of you in front of 2+2 signed in on your name. You can never be too careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should also be required to be crossing their eyes and holding an apple in their teeth while giving the "WESTSIIIIDE" hand symbol. For humor's sake.

PS: I fully support this thread.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad someone made a thread about this because this has been bugging me for a while too. That VS thread is ridiculous. I love that a bunch of people even said "gross what's with her leg" at the obvious reflection off the stage, which should be obvious to anyone that is not half retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a decision to let the people that couldn't figure that out off the hook. It was close though, because that is both really stupid and a really petty reason to insult a girl as hot as Adriana Lima.