Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Double gutter gets there, I think villain really has a hand

Villains seems kinda loose passive. Basically, his flop minraise means that he has a monster. Your play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($59.28)
MP ($69.95)
CO ($112.65)
Button ($48.90)
SB ($54.40)
Hero ($48.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($6.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($14.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Double gutter gets there, I think villain really has a hand

If he's definitely firing another shot into this pot, I checkraise him all in.

edit: On further consideration, I don't know how much value we're going to be getting out of that line. Checkraise to $30? If villain just has a weak 2 pair hand I doubt he'd be calling a push.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:59 AM

I see two options. 1 is weak lead, inducing a push/raise. I think if villan will raise your bet, leading is fine.

If not, you can c/r. Only problem is, it looksmore like a monster. But with your stack/read, I think c/r is best play.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my problem. I'm not sure that he's definitely firing another bullet. Like I said, he seems kinda of passive. Do I check/raise, bet and hopefully push, or just open-push?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my problem. I'm not sure that he's definitely firing another bullet. Like I said, he seems kinda of passive. Do I check/raise, bet and hopefully push, or just open-push?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he seems passive he's not biting on an open-push. If he's passive, what percentage of the time is he going to raise so you can 3-bet him all-in? I think ideally check-raising him would be the best line.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:02 AM

Because 43 is the nuts here (and was double-gutter style), he'll NEVER see it coming. You said that the flop minraise meant strength, and he's betting pretty hard for a "passive" player. Checkraise the river for as much as you think he'll call. If he has a set or top 2 pair, it's probably your whole stack.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:12 AM

You have to use your reads, if you are confident he'll bet ... I'd say around 80% then i'd check to him, but if you're not sure just make a value bet. Probably around 10
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM

If you don't have a really solid plan for extracting on the river then you have to fold the turn. I've actually seen people that check behind on the river with their sets on boards like this. But if he's loose/passive and he has a set here, you could try something ridiculous like open-pushing the river.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:42 AM

would a smaller bet of $5 or do induce a raise, or would he flat call it?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 AM

I think any LP Villian that has fired on the flop and turn has a hand that hell call a push with. I think I lead however, because checking behind would be a disastorus outcome for you. If you lead and he folds, Itd be the same amount of win for you as if he checked behind. If he calls, value, and if he min raises, life is good.