Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 37 hand heads up match

Hand 27) -- The river bet seems like spewing. He is either committed to showdown or on a fd that just came in. I think you almost never fold him with a river bet.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:09 PM

I agree. I definitely pressed a little too hard to win pots I had no chance at.

I tend to play pretty bad against guys like this heads up because I feel like I should be adjusting a lot for heads up play even though they aren't. So I end up making loose plays that jsut aren't necessary against them.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 27) -- The river bet seems like spewing. He is either committed to showdown or on a fd that just came in. I think you almost never fold him with a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought maybe he called the turn with overcards, especially since a T is open ended. The king is obviously not the best river though. Would you bet any river cards that didn't improve your hand?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM

My only commments are that this opponent appears to suck HU and you should play him more often and that on Hand 27 (the one where you semi-bluffed the Q6o on the turn, which I don't mind) you should probably give up on the river as the only better hand I can imagine him folding is QT and he won't have exactly QT nearly enough of the time.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought maybe he called the turn with overcards, especially since a T is open ended. The king is obviously not the best river though. Would you bet any river cards that didn't improve your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could make an arguement for betting some non-club river cards, but I dont think I would. That I am not as sure about though, cause he may be on a draw often enough for it to be profitable. With the club I'm pretty sure the bet is incorrect.