Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Default $33 - I got a straight, but terrible river comes

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t775)
UTG (t1560)
UTG+1 (t850)
MP1 (t955)
MP2 (t715)
MP3 (t770)
CO (t635)
Button (t930)
SB (t810)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t120) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, UTG calls t100, MP2 folds, SB calls t100.

River: (t420) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 700, SB folds, Hero??
Old 12-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: $33 - I got a straight, but terrible river comes

That looks like an 8 to me. Why would he bet that much if he has the full house/flush when you'd bet the turn? Unless he thinks you'll pay him off with a flush.. hmm.

Flip a coin, is about all I can say.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That looks like an 8 to me. Why would he bet that much if he has the full house/flush when you'd bet the turn? Unless he thinks you'll pay him off with a flush.. hmm.

Find out how he doubled up and act accordingly, is about all I can say

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Find out how he doubled up

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't remember. Also, if it makes any difference, that river bet of 700 puts both SB and me all in.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Fire another small "blocking bet" ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) here on the river...a must. This card is scary as hell for a trip 8's as well. You'll get the cheap showdown with the better hand - having obtained enough info to dump to a push over (much more indicative of the flush).

Here? You've got yourself a mess. The blatant over push is indeed suspicious - even absent your now apparent disinterest in the hand. More likely trips/something else you beat? Dunno. I don't know that he can discredit you looking to c/r here...perhaps buying a FD back on the turn (regarding pushing the trips). But why would ANY flush make such a rediculous 'value' bet? The nut wants a call...a bunch less than nut would be behaving a little reckless (though in EP, how un-nuttin could it be?). Something near nut maybe? Blah!! This does suck. I might just have to call this for the lack of being able to reason why on earth he'd be pushing here.

(and again, lead the river next time)