Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

[ QUOTE ]
Soss is right, you still have to raise to find out what you are up against because it costs the least right here, if re-popped I think you let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the op will go broke with smaller pairs, I don't like the raise here. If he had made a smaller bet, or if the pot/stack ratios were smaller, then I like a raise more. But I don't like it when facing a significant bet on the stated ratios. I much prefer just calling and keeping the lesser pairs in there, whilst preventing any draw from moving in. Our hand has value. So does our position.

But it's a rebuy, and that may change the typical dynamics drastically with regards what they get it allin with. But that just means a fold after you raise and get re-popped would be bad, and if a fold would be good, the raise is a mistake.

EDIT: Having looked again at the numbers, the ratios are pretty close. If he had bet more, or if the stacks would have been a little smaller, I would have preferred raising, probably allin. If there had been less than 2X the pot left in the stacks after I call the significant bet, I would have raised instead. More than 2X, I prefer calling.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the op will go broke with smaller pairs, I don't like the raise here. If he had made a smaller bet, or if the pot/stack ratios were smaller, then I like a raise more. But I don't like it when facing a significant bet on the stated ratios. I much prefer just calling and keeping the lesser pairs in there, whilst preventing any draw from moving in. Our hand has value. So does our position.

But it's a rebuy, and that may change the typical dynamics drastically with regards what they get it allin with. But that just means a fold after you raise and get re-popped would be bad, and if a fold would be good, the raise is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

You don't post here enough.

Regards,
Woodguy