Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Raise the river? Nut straight w/ 3-flush on the board in huge pot

Only one that worries me is SB who is a 27/5/1. The rest are donkus maximus. Table is off the hook. Comments on flop raise and river raise? I raised the river because I didn't think SB would go nuts on the turn with just the FD. MP2 is retard 60/2/2 or so and his range is super wide. A set or two-pair are just as likely as a FD. But he did limp/cap preflop so... Terrible river raise?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (19 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Edit: Note, also, the action isn't clear, but BB gets all-in on the flop and everything after that is a sidepot.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Raise the river? Nut straight w/ 3-flush on the board in huge pot

flop is a close decision. We'd like people to call so that our equity is good, but I actually think we gain more here when we fold a Q than when we get a lot of callers. I play it the same, although river is kinda close. With MP padding I don't mind it.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:09 AM

Meh. Unless we are getting semi-freerolled, I don't feel like we are losing (or chopping) this pot. We need to raise for days on this river IMO.

Brad
Old 12-01-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Unless we are getting semi-freerolled, I don't feel like we are losing (or chopping) this pot. We need to raise for days on this river IMO.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yeah with SB capping the turn I think we see a flush almost never.

What do you think of flop raise shill?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 AM

Dude you can call me Brad...

At least if you come to Vegas next time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The pot looks to be too big to fold out anything that raising would fold out that we want to fold out. If that last line wasn't complex enough, I feel bad for the dude that has to figure out if calling is better then raising on the flop. I dunno dude but I'm guessing that it is close. When shove comes to push, I tend to push though I love to shove as well. I say that only folding can be totally wrong here.

Brad
Old 12-01-2005, 04:41 AM

i like the flop raise. we have a double gutter and a backdoor flush draw. if SB has AT/QT, we definitely want to try to get him out. if he has another AQ, maybe he'll miss that he's double gutted (roflll). maybe he'll fold AK because he's worried of a raising war. if anyone else has a raggy Q, we want them out. this pot is bigger than my peehole, and i want to win it.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 AM

Ok, that was what I figured for the line.

As for:

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you can call me Brad...

[/ QUOTE ]

I always feel kinda n00bish when I talk to you. I'll work on it. Also, it's kinda weird as my name is also Brad.

and for:

[ QUOTE ]
At least if you come to Vegas next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be a 2+2 Vegas trip in my future for sure, but I'm barely 20.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 AM

the other brad is pretty young, too. i believe he's 22. i am also 22. once i get my roll up to play ~5/10+ i won't feel like such a girly man, and i'll be able to meet up with some bros and drink/poker it up.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:56 AM

I wonder what percentage of the time we would need to bet getting freerolled to make just calling the river correct... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what percentage of the time we would need to bet getting freerolled to make just calling the river correct...

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say we win an average of 2BB from SB and 2BB from MP about 60% of the time we win, and chop 2BB with SB 40% of the time when we win. so we win an average of 2.8 BB when we win. When we lose, we will lose 3BB (assuming we just call). So, we have to not be up against a flush a little more than half the time for this river raise to be good. I think we are.