Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Win rates

I'm running at 8.5PTBB/100 for 30K hands at 100NL full and 6max, and I have the roll for 200, even 400 I think, but the times I have tried 200 I have gotten f*****. This has been on stars tho, don't know if the 200s there are particulary tough...

Is the 200 really that different, or am I just getting scared of the stakes/running bad?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running at 8.5PTBB/100 for 30K hands at 100NL full and 6max, and I have the roll for 200, even 400 I think, but the times I have tried 200 I have gotten f*****. This has been on stars tho, don't know if the 200s there are particulary tough...

Is the 200 really that different, or am I just getting scared of the stakes/running bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of questions about this...basically all the low stakes game I have played 25-400NL all have the same relative increase in difficulty IMO. If it was like 100NL is a fishbowl and 200NL is all 2+2ers I'm sure some of us would move down. All these things have a way of evening themselves out IMO. Unless you are on a GREAT luck streak I would think that after a very small bit of getting used to 200NL would be a better game for you.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:46 PM

200NL stars is filled with terrible players. actually, some f the strong regulars moved up so now might be a good time to play.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could take back all the stupid [censored] I have done I guarentee my winrate would be 10-12 PTBB. I think most of us move up to 400NL before we get to that level though. I would say 8PTBB is probably a good target for sustainable winrate. If u can sustain that for awhile u should have the roll to move up after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

im just curious, what are your vpip and other basic stats are 200?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM

Ok, thx for both replies. When you say that the 200s are filled with bad players, in what way would you say they are bad? I play on pokerroom also and those games are filled with overaggressive players, which is very good.

Do you have any experience with the 200s at party and how player tendencies may differ from stars (in good or bad ways)?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 PM

Im at 8.5 PTBBs over 15K hands since switching over to 6 max ($200NL). I play about 75% at Prima, 20% at Stars and have played a tad at Party. Party has now been removed from my computer because I hate it so much.

My win rate is highest at Stars but I think its because they dont allow super short stacks like Prima does so theres generally more money on the table.

Stats

24% VIP
9.5% preflop raise
4.2 total aggression
Old 11-29-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party has now been removed from my computer because I hate it so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that ?

Because of the players at 6. max., lack of rakeback or software ??

Compared to Prima ?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that ?

Compared to Prima ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has more to do with me than anything else. I have some sort of mental block with Party. The cartoon looking software combined with the horrible play tilts me. I also seem to get bad beated to death there. Im not even remotely trying to say its rigged or anything even close to that. I just get drummed by morons consistently and then make stupid plays because of it.

I do very well at Stars and Prima and do very mediocre at Party and always end my sessions ticked off so I just decided to play where I have more fun. I dont need the aggravation.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that ?

Compared to Prima ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has more to do with me than anything else. I have some sort of mental block with Party. The cartoon looking software combined with the horrible play tilts me. I also seem to get bad beated to death there. Im not even remotely trying to say its rigged or anything even close to that. I just get drummed by morons consistently and then make stupid plays because of it.

I do very well at Stars and Prima and do very mediocre at Party and always end my sessions ticked off so I just decided to play where I have more fun. I dont need the aggravation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is odd, because this is EXACTLY why I detest Prima. Well, minus the cartoon software, instead there's mid-90's looking simple graphics. Sucks for me because Prima has the best bonuses out there... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 AM

The $200 on Stars is very soft, but I've only played 12,000 hands in the past 2 weeks.