Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:06 AM

Default KK

Spectacular LIVE 9-handed 4/8 game with a full kill. This game was full of players who played too loose PF, called down too much and were VERY predictable after the flop.

This pot is killed and we're playing 8/16.

PRE-FLOP: (UTG posts a kill blind of $8) Hero is in the SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
6 calls, Hero raises, BB folds, Killer calls, everyone else calls.

FLOP: (8 players, 16.5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, Everyone calls.

TURN: (8 players, 12.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Checks, checked to predicatable loose passive lady in MP who bets, couple calls, Hero folds.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: KK

I've played in these type of games before. This seems just fine.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 AM

Yer sunk.

I have lost pots like this to A3o.

I ask "why did you play A3o?"

Response "I could win a big pot with two pair or a wheel."
Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 AM

Old 11-28-2005, 10:57 AM

This is good. My biggest leak (especially in these kinds of live games, which I am fortunate to get to play at my local club VERY often) used to be not folding here enough. I was always afraid that the ghost of Ed Miller would hunt me down to tell me that I "fold too damn much".

But there's a difference between knowing you're beat, and folding too damn much. When I finally figured out how to tell that difference in particular situations, I really noticed that I was winning much more in these loose live sessions.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM

FWIW, its a super0easy fold after the bet has been called. If everyone folded to the bet, then you'd have to go with your gut. Here, still sounds like a fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, its a super0easy fold after the bet has been called. If everyone folded to the bet, then you'd have to go with your gut. Here, still sounds like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I was thinking more about the situations where the old check-call lady wakes up with a bet on the turn ace, but you're right here. I'm not saying I'm always (or never) folding KK when an ace hits; there are certainly easier and harder folds to make.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 AM

I played in one of these live games over the weekend. There was virtually no raising on the flop without at least 2 pair ever. When I announced I was 3-betting a turn the table lit up like a Christmas Tree. "He's what"?

So I raise JJ in EP, get 2 callers. Extremely passive guy raises a 953 flop. Turn is a T, I bet he raises I fold. Dumb? Does he have 2 pair too often? I don't think he was quite loose enought to coldcall PF with 95, and he wouldn't have raised the flop with T9. The pretty blonde dealer chick asked him if he wanted to show his set and he blushed - I thought that was funny.
Sorry for the hijack.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM

I think your fold is pretty bad. If your game was as good as mine, there's a good enough chance that your villian is on a two pair hand. You're getting odds to call his turn raise and hit your set or counterfeit his two pair.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:53 PM

Yeah I guess it was a "had to be there" type thing which is why I didn't want to give it its own thread. In terms of PF looseness my game was probably nowhere near as good as yours. Not that I can't be wrong, but I just didn't think he had 2-pair for reasons already mentioned. I was thinking of check/call given the unlikelyhood he was after a free card, but I think bet/call would've been quasi-donating.