Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Default FL Card Rooms Back in Bidness!

I'm sure it's old news to most of us down here but we've got our tournies back atfer about a 2-week hiatus [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There's only 1 issue, they changed the structure [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Not that it was great before but now it just simply SUCKS and unfortunately Derby Lane is going to lose players!

Old structue: T700 for $32+13 (I know, I know) with blinds starting at 10/15 and going up every 20 minutes, 46 blinds to start. Don't play/win a hand on L1, down to 27xBB after level 1, then down to 6.5xBB after L2.

New Structure: T1500 for $32+13 (I know, I know) with blinds starting at 25/50 and going up every 20 minutes, 30 blinds to start. Don't play/win a hand on L1, down to 14xBB after level 1 and a WHOOPING 3xBB after level 2....PUKE!

I actually had players arguing with me that it's a better structure, lmfao....can't wait till they wake up and learn!

Just had to vent, amazes me that most aren't catching on, sad to say, but there's no need for me to play at Derby Lane anymore....thankfully Tampabay Downs opens next week, and some of the tournies at the Hard Rock have a "decent" structure.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: FL Card Rooms Back in Bidness!

aaaah - I'm so glad I live close to AC
5k in starting chips!, 20 minute levels, no antes!!! (Showboat) $40+$10(I know, I know)
Old 11-27-2005, 05:42 PM

All I can say from my limited experience in Florida cardrooms is that there is likely more dead money and basic poker retardery floating around the Sunshine state than any other part of this green earth. I never played the tourneys, but if they play anything like the horridly structure cash games...gah.

If "real" poker is ever approved in Florida then I just might move there, for real.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:22 PM

What's the structure/ buy in at Tampa Bay Downs? That's quite a drive from Saint Pete to play poker but if it's that much better than Derby Lane then I'll do it.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:17 AM

I would also be interested in the TBD tournaments. When do they open for the season? Do they have a website? Where are they located, exactly? Do they run multiple tournaments in a day?

I drive up from Venice, so St. Pete is already a hell of a drive, but I'd be willing to drive further.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:47 AM

Tampa Bay Downs opens December 10 and closes May 7. The poker part of the website has not been updated for the coming season.

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/
Old 11-28-2005, 01:02 AM

LOL Drew, we have a share of good players, TRUST me...but hey, we'd love to have another transplant [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What's the structure/ buy in at Tampa Bay Downs? That's quite a drive from Saint Pete to play poker but if it's that much better than Derby Lane then I'll do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

T1000 to start, same 20 minute levels but 2 extra levels and starting at 10/15....that is as long as they didn't change anything while they were closed for the season. Smaller field too, generall 100 runners, and some damn good players. Nightly at 6:30pm.

Name's Mark and if you've played Derby with any regularity on Saturdays, I'm sure we've crossed paths.