Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-25-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Mod list?

I've contacted them both (via AIM and Email) to tell them to do so. I talked with Mike(schnieds) already about moderator responsibilities and i'm confident he'll do a good job. I haven't talked with Josh yet because he hasn't been online, but I emailed him about it.

Surf
Old 11-25-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, The Stock Market forum doesn't yet have a mod. Someone suggested that it should have one, and Sniper, a seemingly level-headed, quality poster stepped up. Any objections?

[/ QUOTE ]
I only read that forum very rarely, but imo DesertCat is the only one that knows wtf he's talking about in there. I either haven't read many of Sniper's posts or I just haven't remembered they were his. I have no real objection to Sniper, and you seem to spend more time in there than me, so you probably have a better idea of things. If you think he's okay than I doubt anyone will object. Before we do anything, I would at least ask DesertCat if he wants to do it, unless you would object to him for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Desert Cat is clearly the best poster. buffett is also good. Sniper is a day-trader, and he tends to be very vague about how he (allegedly) makes money. Having said that, he also know some stuff.

And, beyond that, Sniper seems to be intelligent and mature in general. To me, whether he actually makes money in the stock market is less important than whether he will be a mature mod.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desert Cat is clearly the best poster. buffett is also good. Sniper is a day-trader, and he tends to be very vague about how he (allegedly) makes money. Having said that, he also know some stuff.

And, beyond that, Sniper seems to be intelligent and mature in general. To me, whether he actually makes money in the stock market is less important than whether he will be a mature mod.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I tend to think that bein a good poster is more important for being a mod than most around here. I think the other posters in the forum are way more likely to respect the mod and keep the forum high content if the mod is a better poster. I read some of Sniper's posts yesterday and I wasn't terribly impressed; like I said before though, you probably have a better idea than me. I'd have no problem with Sniper fwiw.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM

On a slightly different note, I was thinking that a financial advice forum would be a good idea, seperate from the SM forum. This could incorporate discussion of savings accounts, bonds, tax questions, and other investments. Ed, this seems to be yr thing lately -- what do you think?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a slightly different note, I was thinking that a financial advice forum would be a good idea, seperate from the SM forum. This could incorporate discussion of savings accounts, bonds, tax questions, and other investments. Ed, this seems to be yr thing lately -- what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I guess. Seems to me we should let the new forums settle in before we make more new ones. Don't want to spread out volume so much that forums get no traffic. Especially b/c SM doesn't get that much traffic as it is. Maybe make it the SM + Financial Advice forum.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be less important for what it would pick up from SM than for what could be moved out of General and the Zoo.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I guess. Seems to me we should let the new forums settle in before we make more new ones. Don't want to spread out volume so much that forums get no traffic. Especially b/c SM doesn't get that much traffic as it is. Maybe make it the SM + Financial Advice forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with Ed. I don't think making a forum to take away traffic from an already low volume forum is a good idea.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with Ed. I don't think making a forum to take away traffic from an already low volume forum is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think yr right. On the other hand, widening the scope of the SM forum might work out well.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM

I like the idea of widening the scope of the Stock Market Forum. Any ideas for a new forum name and description?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of widening the scope of the Stock Market Forum. Any ideas for a new forum name and description?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Finance" seems like it would work well.