Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Default New Eurobet Review

My 2 cents...

I was immediately encouraged to see 12,000 players on the network. Never played Poker Room so I was clueless about its software. I jump into a $30 SNG. 1500 chips for $30 made for a very deep stack SNG. I managed to win the thing, but an over an hour had passed (typical party length is about 38 min). For a guy who mainly plays SNGs, the grind/burnout factor looks to be much higher.

Rake is cheaper...they have $50+4's vs Party's $50+5's.

The cards are giant numbers with a suit on it which I didn't care for. The action seemed tough for me to follow. I raised a few times not noticing that there was action in front of me, and I actually folded a free look in the BB. Some it might be a function of getting a feel for the software, but I never had to make any adjustments when I began on Party/Stars. So ease of attaining table situational awareness is at this point fair to poor.

The stats calculator for allin showdowns is cool.

Bottom line: Lots of players + rakeback make the new Eurobet worth a look, but software/tournament structure is lacking. I may fire up a tournament every now and then.

Anyone have experience w/their Ring Limit games? I haven't played limit seriously since early spring, but playing here could offer a decent change of pace.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: New Eurobet Review

There ring limit games are pretty good but the rake structure sucks.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and the games are much tighter with smaller pots at 1/2 to 3/6
Old 11-23-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been playing everywhere from 1/2 to 5/10 to try to find a good game today. it just hasnt happened. theres no one here but rocks. like seriously. folded to the sb like 5/10 times. while its profitable in some way i would just get wayyyyyy too bored.

rj
Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been playing everywhere from 1/2 to 5/10 to try to find a good game today. it just hasnt happened. theres no one here but rocks. like seriously. folded to the sb like 5/10 times. while its profitable in some way i would just get wayyyyyy too bored.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know...I'm playing Poker Network for the first time this month (grinding out Hold'em Poker Halloween bonus) and I'm finding the 2/4 games more than juicy enough. The % seeing the flop is only ~29%, but I seem to get cold-callers galore who play like [censored] postflop.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 AM

nice review.

2 observations though:
many online sites have SNG structures which play longer than Party's 10 hands per level bit.
you think an hour is long? try the marathon 1.5 hour SNG's on UB.
July, 2004 they had a promotion where you got all your entries back in bonus-dollars up to $800/wk (play a 20+2...get $20 back in bonus-dollars).
I played an insane number of SNG's over there. A 6-max SNG on UB takes longer than a 10-player one on party.

Stars SNG's also play significantly longer than Party.

Both UB and Stars have added turbo-SNG's though within the past few months.

Also - consider that the longer structure should give the winning-play more room to maneuver. Obviously if you've only played the Party SNG's though you'll have to make some strategy adjustments.

I've always thought of the Party SNG's as being almost pseudo-turbo in some ways. But that's partly because I played Stars for several months before playing on any other site.

2. I dislike the Pokerroom software as well and had many of the same problems you did just trying to follow the action.
Just following the betting-action and where the button is and who is in the blind is kind of a pain.
I never got used to it and I cleared a couple of bonuses there (back in the day) with some long, hard multi-tabling hours where I was pretty focused.

you might do better to turn off the avatars. But that's what I always did and it was still kind of confusing to me for multi-tabling.
I even like crypto's software and lay-out better than P-Room.
But other 2+2'ers seem to like the Poker-room design for some reason.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:29 AM

Try the 50's and 100's 10 minute levels, 2000 starting chips usually take 1h20 to 1h30. Too long.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - consider that the longer structure should give the winning-play more room to maneuver. Obviously if you've only played the Party SNG's though you'll have to make some strategy adjustments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, there s a balance on value vs time, and its personal what people appriciate...

Are there any mods for the ongame/eurobet/pokerroom client so that i dont have to look at the chairs and stuff???
Old 11-23-2005, 01:18 PM

I really hate this software and will not play there again. I just found the action impossible to follow.

Sorry if I'm being thick but why has it changed? Is it something to do with a split from Party and its skins that I've read about on here? Do you still play with the same players as before or is it a different network?

Cheers
Old 11-23-2005, 01:25 PM

I don't like the new eurobet very much mainly because of the length of time sitngos take. I need turbos and the only ones I see are 5 man winner take all ones. These aren't mentioned very much on here, but they seem like they could be profitable and quick for people that want to clear that huge $600 bonus. Any thoughts?