Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Another SB/BB battle - play for it all? - $200 NL

how did he play his set? has he been check folding a lot of raised pots? have u been moving him off of hands? has he moved his stack in anytime other than when he had the set? u say he is weak, do u mean weak tight? if so, calling here is bad. (although i beleive if u push a weak tightie enough they will push/look u up just out of spite)
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: beyond that sucks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lesson 3) villain should play looser against have_it_all.

[/ QUOTE ]

your missing the point. most 1/2 players don't play how i would nor how OP does. They have you beat here more than you can say. My range is (IMO) far to wide, but i feel the nned to add hands, just for the sake of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I may not have worded it so well, I think I actually got the point here: you're saying that most of these folks are way tighter than fimbulwinter's range here. If they loosened up here, they'd be a lot more profitable against thinking folks (you, the OP, fimbulwinter .. someday, maybe even me!). That's what I meant by "villain should play looser against have_it_all." And I *do* understand that you're saying his range is very limited considering the pre-flop and flop action. The discussion about that range has been the most useful thing in this thread. Any monkey can plug these ranges in and find out the equity like I've done. The advantage of 2+2 is that I can poll more experienced players and get a good idea of what the appropriate ranges really are *now* instead of playing 300k hands and looking back only at my own results. Hmmn .. maybe that's why people also datamine.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: beyond that sucks

[ QUOTE ]
One last try, do you think this range is good, AA-JJ,99,77,66,K9s,A9s,AKs,AQs,KQs?

How about this, AA-JJ,99,77,66,K9s,A9s?

Or this, AA-JJ,99,77,66,A9s?

What about AA-JJ,99,77,66?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you really mean this reply for me? I've tried to be pretty clear in this thread: I'm good at figuring out how we stack up against various ranges. I'm a newbie, though, and I'm not nearly as good at putting the villain on one of those ranges.

For what it's worth, assuming that the suited hands have to match one of the cards on the flop, here are my guesses: the first should be pretty close to 40:60. The second one should be more like 35:65 (i still don't like bad guy having K9s here), and the last one should be more like 30:70. Results:

vs. AA-JJ,99,77,66,K9s,A9s,AKs,AQs,KQs: 38:62
vs. AA-JJ,99,77,66,K9s,A9s: 30:70
vs. AA-JJ,99,77,66,A9s: 27:73
(removing other hands here just makes it worse)

so we're worse than i expected .. but at least my intuition was good enough to fold when required here.