Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Fantasy hockey trade advise

Before I get to the details, let my tell you about the league. Goalies in this league are more important than regular skaters because my league is based on winning categories. there are 11 total categories to win each week and four of them are goalie categories (W, GAA, Sv% and shutouts). Each week, we start 11 skaters but only 2 goalies so it is totally crucial to have two really solid goalies.

One guy in my league has tried twice to trade me some scrubs for my first round pick, Jarome Iginla. Last week he offered me Paul Kariya and Rick Jackman for Jarome Iginla AND Adrian Aucoin. Quite a ridiculous proposition. I rejected it and today he offered me Eric Cole and the Kings goalie Lebarbera just for Iginla. Seems like he wants the guy.

I still don't think this is good for one of the top players in the league. My team has a lot of great offensive players and Iginla isn't necessary on my team. I really need another reliable goalie. Now I have Belfour (good), Weekes (okay), Lalime (terrible), and Ryan Miller (IR).

This guy has Thomas vokhoun who would be fantastic for my team and I would gladly part with Iginla for him. In fact, I would also part with another minor player as well as Iginla.

I'm thinking now that I should propose a trade straight up Iginla for vokoun and hope he accepts. If he rejects, I can seem desperate and offer along a Miro Satan or Brian Gionta along with Iginla.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Fantasy hockey trade advise

First try straight up Iginla for Vokoun, pray that he accepts this. If he has at least half a brain he would reject this, then try Iginla with another player for Vokoun but be ready and find a player that is available to pick up if he accepts this trade.
You may also want to offer a 2 for 2, or 3 for 3 player trade.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:17 PM

Jarome Iginla is the best player in the world, and he's really come on his past few games (as has his team). I'd say try to trade straight up for Vokoun, but I don't know if I'd send 2 skaters for him. Is your goalie scoring really that heavily weighed?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 PM

Yes, basically the way it works is you get a point if you win a category. The categories are goals, assists, +/-, Game winning goals, power play points, short handed points then for goalies it's wins, save %, GAA and shutouts.

My team has some ridiculous goal scoaring talent. I have Iginla, Yashin, Satan, vaclav prospal, Brian Gionta, Thomas Holmstrom and Federov (hasn't played much). I also have some good Defensemen, Adrian Aucoin, Chris Pronger and Marek Zidlicky.

Given this, I'm in 6th place out of 10 because Belfour and the leafs are having a below average year and I haven't been able to find a quality second goalie all year. Perhaps more important than how good the goalie actually is is how good their team is. I wouldn't worry if Patrick Lalime was still with the Senators but now that he's with the Blues, he's worthless. With Nashville as one of the top teams in the league, it would help to have vokoun in net racking up win after win.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:36 PM

is this a yahoo league? i'm in one of those. i'd do this in a second. sounds like the guy really wants iginla. you're going to have to drop one of your goalies after the trade anyways so maybe throw in one of them as well. weekes would probably be the most appealing, but maybe he's stupid and would take lalime
Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Yes this is a yahoo league.

Update to the situation though. I proposed iginla for vokoun straight up and got this reply

Give me some time on this one. I like it, but let me see about my back-ups........

looks pretty good. If he decides against it, i'll throw in weekes.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 PM

if he's close to doing it and doesn't don't throw in weekes, throw in lalime instead.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:38 AM

lalime is so bad, I think he may be offended by that.