Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:55 PM

Default checking to see if running bad

I was wondering if there is a way to verify if I'm running bad by looking at something in PT and it turns out somebody here already did some analysis on how to check this.

Here is the link to that analysis.

post by krishanleong on running bad

He proposes to look at the stats in the Misc Tab to see how your final hands are distributed and what percentage of the times you are winning with these hands.

And here is my Misc Tab

It seems my distribution of hands is way out of line with the standard that krishanleong found in his research. For example, krishan found three of a kind makes up 14.5% of total hands in his database, but I have only 4.06%. Can this be right, or am I not looking at my misc tab correctly?

Also, if you want to see my other stats for these hands here is the link to that thread.

my stats
Old 11-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: checking to see if running bad

Krishanleong's data was for hands that were not folded. Check the box in the upper right hand corner and then compare.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:11 PM

Check the show only hands that were not folded button. Then repost and I will analyse.

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the show only hands that were not folded button. Then repost and I will analyse.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... It still seems off, but here it is.

Just to mention again, there is a link to my other stats on the original post if you want to reference back to it.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... It still seems off, but here it is.

Just to mention again, there is a link to my other stats on the original post if you want to reference back to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 pair W$SD is great
2 pair W$SD is great
trips W$SD is fine
straight + flush + full all winning above 80%. You should have 1 premium every 200 hundred hands. You didn't specify how many hands this was but premiums look good too.

Conclusion, you are running well.

Krishan
Old 11-12-2005, 12:55 AM

I'm looking at your post, "How to tell if you are running good or bad (Revised v2)", and the part that says,

"One pair, two pair, three of a kind, straights, flushes and full houses comprise over 93% of money earned. Here is the breakdown in terms of %.

One pair ---- 21.9%
Two pair ---- 24.7%
Three ------- 14.5%
Straight ---- 12.0%
Flush ------- 11.4%
Full House -- 10.7% "

Although I am winning the right % of times when taken to show down, I'm wondering if I'm getting my expected share of 3-of-a-kind and better. Based on your distribution above and the numbers in the right most column of my Misc Tab, am I not getting the expected share? And if I am not getting the right amounts for these hands, then am I not going to show down as often as I would have, thus winning less in total?

Again, my Misc Tab looks like

These are from 39K hands of party's 5/10 6-max
Old 11-12-2005, 11:37 PM

Default PT data request

Would someone post a screen shot of their Poker Tracker Misc Tab, preferably from Party's 5/10 6-max. If screenshot is cumbersome, typing it out is fine too. What I'm looking for is the numbers in the right most column for each kind of shown down hands. Make sure you check "Show Only Hands That Were Not Folded".

I'm trying to compare my distribution of shown down hands vs what others are getting. I started this thread after finding a post by Krishanleong which I linked in the original post.

Unless, I misunderstood him, he proposes that one indicator of running bad is if you are not winning your fair share with the premium hands. It seems, percentage wise, I'm winning the right amount of times when taken to showdown, but my question to Krishanleong, (which I'm still waiting for a reply from him) is that it seems I am not getting the kind of distribution he showed in his original post. Thus not going to show down as often.

So, I was wondering what some of you other guys are showing for your Misc Tab.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:22 AM

I call BS on this whole method of determining running bad or not.

beyond the basic "are your two pair hands losing?" i think this info varies two much depending on playing style--vp$ip and went to showdown percent for it to tell you too much whether or not you are running bad.

I've mentioned this at least two other times in these threads but have never gotten a response. Anyone care to tell me why I'm wrong and those factors dont matter?

over small samples i find pokergrader.com helpful

good luck..keep playing and don't tilt
Old 11-13-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: PT data request

You aren't suppose to use the %s to tell if you are running bad. You are only suppose to do what I did. Hell I invented it, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

You are also not suppose to try and analyse you game using this method. Try posting hands if you want to get better. Any more and I'm posting a limerick...

Krishan
Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call BS on this whole method of determining running bad or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Im not sure about the validity of the method, but it would be interesting to see how my distribution of shown down hands compares to those of others. It might not be the perfect indicator, but it should tell if I am getting short changed on certain hands.