Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-05-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Where I flop trips from the BB and never raise

Having a bad night, which I finally had to end after 350 hands because I saw myself making stoopid moves. The preflop call in this hand probably qualifies. I'm new to the table and have no real reads on anyone. MP3 has seemed LAG over about 25 hands, tho.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Button, SB and Hero.</font>

The plan was obviously to check/raise the turn, which got all screwed up when SB led into me. Okay, lemme have it.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Where I flop trips from the BB and never raise

preflop call is prob a bit loose, other than that i dont see any problem with the way you played it postflop.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:29 AM

I'm not going to comment preflop.

You got unlucky on the turn action, but I don't see a better way to play it.

I usually lead the flop though.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:45 AM

I like checking this flop. We don't want MP3 to raise and blow everyone out of this pot, and MP3 should be betting this flop most of the time anyway. I don't think you could have really played this hand much better except for mucking preflop. Going for overcalls on the turn seems right and going for a check/raise on the river is too risky.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:01 AM

I think you got maximimum profit from this hand.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:09 AM

i think with this particular line up(and pretty much always) you may have been better off raising the flop, SB has already called and if anyones going to call 2 cold its probably the LAG MP3 right?

plus who knows who is going to stay in on the turn or if SB will donk it or something or button may check behind after getting called by eveyone on the flop

the way you played it, i like just calling the turn i think youll get more value by going for overcalls in this spot

also fold preflop
Old 11-05-2005, 02:28 AM

Meh...not sure what feedback I was hoping to get with this one, but it just felt like the hand played me rather than the other way around. I don't like that feeling.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:49 AM

Checkraise the flop. The way the action went is lol.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh...not sure what feedback I was hoping to get with this one, but it just felt like the hand played me rather than the other way around. I don't like that feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should feel that way. I think you made ajustments during play that optimizes your profit. With so many different players leading then bailing what else could you really do. If we're not behind the only hands that can overtake us are 2 outters so no need to push others out.

Now Harv I have a simple/stupid question for you that I have asked several times from others with no response. What the hell does "meh" stand for.

Oh and so there is no confusion I think PF is bad.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell does "meh" stand for.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just an expression of disgust/indifference (think of it as slightly less negative than "ugh"). It don't stand for nothin'.

By the way, fold preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]