Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 07:17 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: AK hand from last night

[ QUOTE ]
As others have stated the initial call on the flop greatly expands the buttons raising range, and the other guys 3 betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to me, yes. However, they still have to wonder what eachother have.

The buttons raising range is also narrowed by the HJ's betting into me. When the HJ 3 bets, his range isn't really that expanded. He just got raised on an A high flop with no real draws from a preflop 3 bettor and is now 3 betting himself out of position against the button.

b
Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bu could easily be raising there w/ aq or something figuring you for a pocket pair or some broadway gutshot-type hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give him credit that he knows I wouldn't be capping preflop with a hand that would give me a broadway gutshot on this flop.

[ QUOTE ]
i can't imagine any of your opponents suspects you have a hand as strong as ak...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think they are putting me on that I capped Preflop with here? Not to mention they'll think of their own range for capping firstly, which is likely a bit narrower than mine. Along with that, HJ HAS to figure either me or the Button have a strong hand as we 3 bet and capped it preflop. Both of us not being out of line all night.

[ QUOTE ]
given the way you played it, though, i think i muck the flop as hj's line screams of a good two pair or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my read also.

b
Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM

So we don't actually know what HJ's hand was and whether you made a "good laydown" or not? Damn B&M, where's the frigging Hand History?

FWIW I think I would of raised flop, but I would of also folded here I think.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So we don't actually know what HJ's hand was and whether you made a "good laydown" or not? Damn B&M, where's the frigging Hand History?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, dammit!!! lol

Actually, given the player, I'm pretty sure he had at least 2 pair on the flop.

There's also a point of knowing the buttons hand likelihood and that factoring into it being layed down. I mean, for instance, if you know you are only drawing to 1/2 the pot(say you somehow knew for sure that he also had AK) and that the guy will call(incorrectly) does it still make it right to bet into him 'knowing' he will call as it does affect your pot odds itself? (make sense?)

b
Old 11-03-2005, 08:32 AM

Default another thought...

In regards to defining the hands, if i raise the flop, the button 3 bets, and now the HJ caps, do I really learn anything more than if I just called and the button raises and HJ 3 bets?

b