Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 07:55 PM

Default confused AJo

Loose table no real solid reads but this hand made me feel retarded as it played out. Hows my line. By the end I didn't feel like I had any idea where I was at so I didn't raise it on the river.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: confused AJo

I would have raised the river. Without the read on the button the turn call is fine, he could have hit 2pair.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 PM

Talk about coming out of no where on both the turn and the river. Both cards don't seem to help anyone, but a new person starts firing on every street. I'm actually lost here too. Did the small blind have a J with a weak kicker? The 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't seem to be any help so did the button have 2 pair, a made set or straight on the flop?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 PM

yea all the cold calling and the bets coming from every direction completely threw me off. I'll post the results for those interested.

alright alright i'll post em later
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 PM

I'm just calling this river as there is a good chance button has just boated up or has a made straight. I'm not too worried about SB but that turn raise by button screams of strength. I really don't think that 3 improved him and he was just slowrollin something strong on the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM

Not so fast man, we've had like 3 replies [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 09:11 PM

I would have raised the river. SB's play is confusing but I think SB is slow playing an overpair. The play up to the river seems to say QQ KK or AA. If SB flopped a set wouldn't we have seen a check raise and not two check calls. I can see the post flop check call to keep people in but not the turn check call. A check raise on the turn is unlikely to take it down given its size and four players, so why not build the pot. My guess would be KJ or QJ and the set made him feel better about the top pair he had been nursing through the hand.

Although I would not have been able to work it out in real time. When I am confused I check the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 PM

my only problem with that is you are ignoring the button who was the last to show agression on the turn. Maybe thats being too passive but I think theres a good chance that i'm not walking away with the pot.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 PM

I'm not sure a raise is the best route to go here. I think these guys have been playing it pretty aggressive the entire hand and you and your opponents have done about everything you could to protect the hands you have. However, they continue to bet no matter what.

SB bet on river shows sign of strength to me. As if he doesn't want it to get checked through or is hoping someone raises his bet. I can't believe he would be hoping to bet a missed flush draw to try to scare the others off (that would seem stupid).
I would guess SB was playing a weak 777 and was scared of T8 Straight.

I'm not sure you gain or lose a lot with either decision raise or call. I don't want to see a 3bet back to me
Old 10-31-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my only problem with that is you are ignoring the button who was the last to show agression on the turn. Maybe thats being too passive but I think theres a good chance that i'm not walking away with the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that myself. How much do you like your hand when it goes bet, raise, reraise, cap, and 2 back to you. The way the Button played it, it seems like he may have slowplayed a straight then gotten worried about the full house on the river, but is he going to call 2 cold with T8 preflop. I guess maybe if it was suited.