Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Wiped off the face of the earth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't we just nuke Israel AND Iran and just end this crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it

[/ QUOTE ]

i sincerely doubt any americans could pry their hands of a cheeseburger to press the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

why don't we just sever all ties and see how israel does

could get ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want Israel to destroy the Middle East, then that's a great idea.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The entire Middle East needs a nuking.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't we still need our oil fix?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be happy. Iran just gave Israel all the justification it needs to launch a pre-emptive nuclear attack against their multiple nuclear weapons development faciliities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the kind of thing where one president calls for the destruction of another country considered "fighting words," or should Israel just laugh this off?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or should Israel just laugh this off?

[/ QUOTE ]

No because Israel's enemies only have to be massively successful once, and nuclear weapons would give them that ability. So since it is in Israel's interest not to allow this capability to come about, they should use the political cover of Iran's threats as a justification to the international community for doing so.

Since a democratic post-Saddam Iraq is no credible threat to Iran, the only two countries who are threats are the US and Israel. They could avoid that threat by discontinuing their nuclear weapons program and by not funding terrorist organizations as they have in Lebanon for years. But they don't want to do that. And now they have verbally escalated the stakes as well.

So Israel will take action in time no doubt and the US will give them access to satellite intelligence to aid them in that endeavour. And then of course all the idiot uneducated mullahs will cry jihad and the islamic masses will spill into the streets in the usual orgy of rioting and burnings of effigies. And as always, those ignorant masses will never ask the question of why don't the rich oil states spend their billions on improving the lot of the average person in the middle east instead of paying stipends to suicide bombers' families and such while the elite saudi princes live out their hedonistic self-absorbed lives in luxury.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:00 PM

I consider my concept to be a it cant hurt might help situation. Cutting aid to Israel (and Egypt) cannot hurt us (except that the Jewish Lobby here would scream like stuck pigs) it can only help us in winning the hearts and minds of the Arabs (much more so than invading Iran would).

It is clear that the support hurts us. Where is the benefit?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:35 AM

utting aid to Israel (and Egypt) cannot hurt us (except that the Jewish Lobby here would scream like stuck pigs) it can only help us in winning the hearts and minds of the Arabs (much more so than invading Iran would).

Do you really want the hearts and minds of people with the morals and ethics of the Islamofascists?

Where is the benefit?

You perpetuate the democratic free society ideals.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The main reason I favor supporting Israel is because her neighbors/enemies are so incredibly much WORSE. If her neighbors weren't such backwards psychos, I'd say cut the aid completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the only reason for the behind the existance of that crappy country? I dont get it, why does Israel exist?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:46 AM

Of course we should want to win the hearts and minds of the arab and muslim peoples - heck on this goal I agree with Bush etc. They are a huge part of the planet and a gold mine for a potential market for our products (McDonalds is yet to be seen in Damascus).