Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Wiped off the face of the earth

[ QUOTE ]
The main reason I favor supporting Israel is because her neighbors/enemies are so incredibly much WORSE. If her neighbors weren't such backwards psychos, I'd say cut the aid completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Support should be on principle, IMO. Specially active support.

This support has cost us far more than it has helped us.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't we just nuke Israel AND Iran and just end this crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it

[/ QUOTE ]

i sincerely doubt any americans could pry their hands of a cheeseburger to press the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

why don't we just sever all ties and see how israel does

could get ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't get any uglier than vietnam. America: keeping its nose in everyone else's business since 1776!

I actually have no animosity towards the US, it's a giant money basket waiting for someone smart enough to go and take it. And I like hamburgers. The smart people there are sickeningly brilliant, and rest are well beyond medically retarded.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i sincerely doubt any americans could pry their hands of a cheeseburger to press the button

[/ QUOTE ]

This disdain of America from Israel is seen all the way down from Sharon. I cant understand why we put up with it or for that matter why we keep sending them our tax dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only country on earth that gets any degree of (semi-justified) love from Israel is the United States. India gets a bit.

Anything that looks anything like America gets instant credibility in Israel. Every new bar is New York style. Every business name is a Hebrew transliteration of some random English word. Matrix restaurant. Mega supermarket. They even spell "supercenter" with hebrew letters. etc. etc.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything that looks anything like New York or LA gets instant credibility in Israel. Every new bar is New York style. Every new business name is a Hebrew transliteration of some random English word. Matrix restaurant. Velvet Bar. Mega supermarket. etc. etc

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of love Americans get every where. Try going to Bangkok for example, from Starbucks to MacDonalds or Sai Gon they have Mac Donalds knockoffs and coffee shops and ice cream shops like in NY. Or head off to the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg, or to the glitzy areas of Delhi, or where ever.

Comments about taking hands of cheeseburgers - well!

[ QUOTE ]
While aid is all well and good, its a direct result of the constant threat. When that threat ends I'll be the first to send that money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want you to send it back. I want to stop giving it, if we do, I suspect the threat will end (at least to us) -- and that is all I want our politicians to care about.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:34 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
i sincerely doubt any americans could pry their hands of a cheeseburger to press the button

[/ QUOTE ]

This disdain of America from Israel is seen all the way down from Sharon. I cant understand why we put up with it or for that matter why we keep sending them our tax dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

As seen by Israel's willingness to peddle state of the art military technology to just about anyone.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 AM

The so called disdain of America by Israelis is non existent. Israel for the most part, is very pro American, more so than a lot of America's allies. In Canada, or England, I'm sure there are a lot more people who think the US is a major threat to world peace.

Israeli's may have "disdain" for the American government sometimes, like after invading Afghanistan, a country 5000 miles away from the United States, Colin Powell tells Israel to "show restraint" after a terrorist attack in Israel.

I think it's a joke that people in this thread are talking about "cutting ties" with Israel. I suppose it's not important to maintain a stable democracy in a region of the world that is a hotbed of despotism and religious fundamentalism. There is no deep seeded hate of America in Israel, like there is in Egypt- another country the US gives aid to.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only country on earth that gets any degree of (semi-justified) love from Israel is the United States. India gets a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apartheid South Africa got a bit too.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The entire world needs a nuking.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-28-2005, 02:42 PM

On Friday, the Iranian Embassy in Moscow tried to soften the impact of Ahmadinejad's comment. "Mr. Ahmadinejad did not have any intention to speak in sharp terms and engage in a conflict," said the embassy, after international outrage over the remark.

Gee, what would he say if he did have the intention to speak in sharp terms. Quite a strange way the man has of not engaging in conflict.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont want you to send it back. I want to stop giving it, if we do, I suspect the threat will end (at least to us) -- and that is all I want our politicians to care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that the ONLY reason that Islamofacists hate the US is because support Israel? Do you really think they would no longer hate us if we stopped giving Israel money?