Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Beginner

I normally play 2/4 limit ring games, and i like to once and a while play some tournaments. However i'm very confused as to how profitable they are. It seems like you have to make the final two tables to really recieve a good pay out. I've played in a couple of the $11 PS rebuys and it just seems that so many players are just playing like its craps since its unlimited rebuys and there becomes so many chips in play. I guess I'm just lost as how to approach these tournys and looking for any beginner advice. Do many people here like to play in rebuys, add ons, regular tournies, etc.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Beginner

Yes, most people on this board are fond of rebuys.

Reasons:
1) If you have the bankroll, and are good enough, it "can" be profitable to go nuts the first hour trying to build a stack, in the hopes that you will be able to dominate with it, and go very deep with it.

2) People who don't rebuy and add on are dead money thrown into the pot. You really really need to rebuy and addon, if you want a shot.

3) Because of the extra chips in play the stacks are deeper. Deeper stacks favors better players.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, most people on this board are fond of rebuys.

Reasons:
1) If you have the bankroll, and are good enough, it "can" be a shitload of fun to go nuts the first hour trying to build a stack, in the hopes that you will be able to dominate with it, and go very deep with it.

2) People who don't rebuy and add on are dead money thrown into the pot. You really really need to rebuy and addon, if you want a shot.

3) Because of the extra chips in play the stacks are deeper. Deeper stacks favors better players.

[/ QUOTE ] FYP

The rest of your points are right on, but I'll enter the $11R to blow of the stress of the limit tables and of course, have a chance to play a deep stack tourney. I don't delude myself into thinking this is profitable. To quote a friend of mine, "Yeah, I finished 8th in that rebuy. I needed to finish 7th to break even."
Old 10-26-2005, 09:49 AM

Er, I said it in quotes. Its possible, you just have to have really good results when you do this. I know Chief911 goes nuts every time when he plays, and hes won it... twice? I like you though, sometimes play rebuys to blow off steam. If I'm multitabling, generally I play normal in the rebuy, and if I'm bored and thats all I've got, I might start pushed J2o. Its funny when the flop is JJ2, and they start calling me a donkey.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 AM

Oh I definatly agree tournaments have a ton of dead money in them, and I always do the add-on, haven't been knocked out before the rebuy period yet. I'm not sure how loose to play during the rebuy period. Also how long do these tournies take comparied to a non rebuy tourney. Also i hear a lot about W$, could anyone explain how you get that/cash it in?

I guess i'm looking for suggestions on what is the best tournaments to play in, for someone trying to slowly ease his way into tournaments eveyone once and a while.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I definatly agree tournaments have a ton of dead money in them, and I always do the add-on, haven't been knocked out before the rebuy period yet. I'm not sure how loose to play during the rebuy period. Also how long do these tournies take comparied to a non rebuy tourney. Also i hear a lot about W$, could anyone explain how you get that/cash it in?

I guess i'm looking for suggestions on what is the best tournaments to play in, for someone trying to slowly ease his way into tournaments eveyone once and a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

W$ are won from satellite events for WSOP, WPT, or WSOOP satellites. You can sell them on here, or use them for any satellite or entry into any of those tournaments. They are not good for regular tourneys or sngs, for those, you need T$.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:48 AM

these rebuys are for donkey's only.i think you can get your money in a better spot
Old 10-26-2005, 11:49 AM

Rebuys take like 7, 8 hrs. Normal tournaments of that size take like 5 hours.

W$ are what you earn for winning WSOP, WCOOP and WPT satellites, and can only be spent on those types of tournaments (satellites or the actual events). You can also trade them for less real $ if you dont want the w$
Old 10-26-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these rebuys are for donkey's only.i think you can get your money in a better spot

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 PM

oh yea, what are the t$'s, also what do W$ and T$ even stand for. I'm lost in this forum without knowing what those mean.