Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-26-2005, 02:54 AM

Default New Max Buy ins for NL at the Borg?

So I read in mid-high NL that the someone went down to the Borgata, 10-25 NL was uncapped and 5/10 had a 2k max-buy in up from 1k? Is this true? Also, is 2/5 a 1k max-buy in too? If this is all permenant, my next question will be about long term living possibilities at the Borgata.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: New Max Buy ins for NL at the Borg?

IIRC they changed that quite awhile ago.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I read in mid-high NL that the someone went down to the Borgata, 10-25 NL was uncapped and 5/10 had a 2k max-buy in up from 1k? Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in a 5/10 game where they let people buy in for $2K. This was the biggest game going, because it was on a weekday.

Eventually what happened is that a manager had to come over to clarify that the max buy-in was $1K (as the card said).

Basically, what happened was that the regular players must have told the first dealer that the max buy-in had been changed to $2K. This was not exactly 100% true, and when some nit came and complained, the floor had to get involved. The floor said the game was still a $1K max buy-in, and a new player asked to speak to a manager, since people had already been allowed to buy in for $2K.

The manager said the 5/10 is still $1K, but changed the game to 10/15 with $2K max buy in. The nit had to leave (too funny). Everyone else stayed, and was happy.

Maybe they finally changed the 5/10 to $2K. It is also possible that the regulars were able to persuade the dealer to allow $2K buy ins for the day in question.

It seemed to me like they needed approval from some commission, and the 5/10 could not be a $2K buy in. But they had approval to run a 10/15 blind game and had never done so. And that game was approved as a $2K buy in.

Again, the regulars were pressuring the dealer/floor to allow a $2K buy in. They all claimed that a floor manager had told them that the new buy-in was $2K, but this seemed like tall tales. The current floor manager had no idea what they were talking about.

I don't know what has happened since then.

Don't you just hate nits??

Sorry for the rambling, but I am kind of drunk.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:13 AM

One more thing to add...

The nit in question said, and I quote:

"I don't want to play against people who don't care about money."

I was simply dumbfounded, and decided it was best not to argue. The floor sorted everything out (hello 10/15), and it was good riddance to the nit.