Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-26-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: OT ROI Probability

Standard deviation is cake. It's gaussian distribution that is a bit trickier to work out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard deviation is cake. It's gaussian distribution that is a bit trickier to work out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
True, too bad you don't need Gaussians for this calculation though. If you want to talk about hard probabilities, we can just jump into Bivariate distributions...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM

its not whether i know how to use standard deviations and z tables but more me being lazy and wanting something like the ROI simulator to do it for me.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry citanul, im not sure what OT means and I figured if I ever post something thats not a hand I have been putting OT, clearly I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't apologize to Citanul [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It just fans the fires of injustice [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]Chrisakes, he lives in the midwest...There's no hope [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-26-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True, too bad you don't need Gaussians for this calculation though. If you want to talk about hard probabilities, we can just jump into Bivariate distributions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard Deviation is cake. Gaussians. Bivariate Distributions.

Jesus, which class did I miss in the late '70s early '80s? Sometimes I think I'm just too dumb for this game. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Lucky for me there are smart youngsters in this forum willing to translate this stuff to standard poker terminology (fold, push) and/or write software that tells you to fold or push. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Onaflag..........