Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Appts in Las Vegas

Can I move in and call you daddy?
Old 10-22-2005, 03:03 PM

Dude ...

You are one sick puppy ... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 03:09 PM

"north vegas" is decidedly different from "northwest las vegas". Aliante is more "northwest". I live in Aliante area, and love it. It's quiet, neighbors are all nice, schools are as decent as you can find in the Vegas area (if you have kids, dunno if that matters for you).

We don't have all the parks and rec type stuff that other areas of town have, because it's not as developed yet - our Costco is opening soon, our Walmart has yet to be built (is that a good or bad thing? not sure...)

It's about a 30 minute drive to the strip where I work, but driving down Decatur/Rancho to the 95/15 is easy as pie.

I've never been happier with a place to live as Las Vegas, I love it here. If I move up in income levels, I'd definitely consider moving south to Henderson area tho, especially with the easier access to Lake Mead for weekend activities.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:19 PM

but u love me....daddy!
Old 10-22-2005, 03:54 PM

[quoteIt's about a 30 minute drive to the strip where I work, but driving down Decatur/Rancho to the 95/15 is easy as pie.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is soooooooooo untrue entirely because of the flippin' traffic. I currently live @ rancho and decatur and other than the amazing thai place at lake mead and decatur, there is no reason to pick north over henderson. I'm moving to henderson tomorrow. Was 1065 for 1300 sq ft 3 bed 2.5 bath place in NLV and will be 1300 for 3 bed 2.5 bath 1800 sq ft townhouse which ~straddles the henderson/LV border. Green Valley region, etc etc.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 PM

<shrug> It could be that I commute at different times of day than you. I've never gotten stuck in traffic in Vegas other than Friday rush hour on the 15.

To get specific, we rent a 2400 sq foot house with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, family room, living room, and office space for $1100 a month.

I'd still pick Henderson over any other area of town - but the point I was trying to make was that North Vegas is different from Aliante area.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:51 PM

I'm planning to make the move within the next 12 months and I've looked at apartments. My girlfriend and I found a two bedroom, two bath with about 1100+ sq.ft. and all kinds of amenities for $960.00 a month. The complex is in the Lakes section of town on West Charleston, and it looks like one of the better neighborhoods (adjacent to Summerlin). We found it by searching on apts.com; there's a link to it on the website for the LV Review Journal.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Space I'm interested to hear why you don't like the north las vegas area? I'm moving to vegas early next year and was considering the north area to be a good place to live off strip, was thinking mostly about the allante community up there.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard of Allante. In general, north Vegas is just not a prticularly nice area. How far north are you talking?

SpaceAce
Old 10-22-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are the motels. Price? Availabilty? I would consider moving into a motel in LV for a while until I find an appt. I have lived in tough neighborhoods in NYC while going to school so I am somewhat street smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are TONS of weekly/monthly places that have studios, one bedrooms, etc, that run $600ish per month, even out by where I live. You'll have no problem finding decent temporary or bachelor housing if that's what you want. As for tough neighborhoods, it's not about whether you can handle it but whether you want it. If you don't mind grittier areas, you can find housing really cheap.

Mind you, when I talk about "gritty", there are no areas around here that are REALLY bad by my standards. If you lived in a city like New York or Detroit or Cleveland, even the "bad" areas around here aren't too terrible.

SpaceAce
Old 10-22-2005, 06:42 PM

Are we all moving there or what? I've been seriously considering it, but who knows.

Jeff