Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Just dropped my Nano...

Yep.

At least you guys are on my side. Perhaps we could have a whip round if they don't replace it.

I knew someone was gonna mention the ease of the Apple store, and I knew it was gonna infuriate me. Over here we have to send them away. Takes ages from what I recall.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The problem is the Nano, not with people dropping things. Apple need to fix their shitty product, and they should certainly replace yours. I'd just ask for my money back personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? There are serious physical restrictions to make these devices robust enough to withstand three foot drops onto solid concrete.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apple proves their sucktitude once again by releasing yet another shitty product.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you name some others? because I'm having trouble naming some others.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:38 PM

What kind of activities will void my warranty?
Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, unauthorised service and unauthorised modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

Apple reserves the right to refuse service on iPods that are outside their warranty if damage has occurred due to accident, abuse or misuse. In such event, Apple will return your original iPod to you without providing service, and may hold you responsible for shipping costs. See Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for details.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apple proves their sucktitude once again by releasing yet another shitty product.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when I dropped my iMAC G5 from three feet onto concrete the screen broke and the DVD player won't accept discs anymore. Another example of their crappy workmanship. Steve Job is a fucker.

Swede
Old 10-20-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? There are serious physical restrictions to make these devices robust enough to withstand three foot drops onto solid concrete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm serious. Read my other posts. I've dropped several other small, electronic devices many times onto hard surfaces and they continue to function just fine. It's clear that the companies who made these other devices spent some time engineering some shock absorption into the unit.

It's equally clear from the sheer number of people who have had problems with the Nano cracking screens, display stuffing up and breaking, that there is something fundamentally flawed with the design of the Nano.

I know there are physical restrictions, but it's very clear apple have not made enough of an effort to counter what is going to be a common occurance with such a small device.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, that sentence was opinionated, so I'll also say Macintosh. I'm not intending to start that argument up, just giving my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of activities will void my warranty?
Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, unauthorised service and unauthorised modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

Apple reserves the right to refuse service on iPods that are outside their warranty if damage has occurred due to accident, abuse or misuse. In such event, Apple will return your original iPod to you without providing service, and may hold you responsible for shipping costs. See Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, based on this, who would send it in? And what would you give as the reason for sending it in.

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 PM

I just requested they send a box out for me to return it. I said I had got it out of my pocket today and the screen was fooked.

Whilst I'm not sure at all that they'll replace it, is this unethical?

I've already taking a bashing on an ipod forum so I thought I'd discuss it with some people who actually have a brain.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 PM

I just think it's weird that their laptops have the special drop protection but the ipods dont. Of course the laptops are more expensive but still....