and it is now totally fked.

That is all.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Just dropped my Nano...

[ QUOTE ]
and it is now totally fked.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How high did you drop it from? On what did you drop it?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:14 PM

3ft. Concrete.

It was in my jacket pocket, I had just got out of the car with my jacket screwed up and was in the process of putting it on.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3ft. Concrete.

It was in my jacket pocket, I had just got out of the car with my jacket screwed up and was in the process of putting it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a 2 yr replacement plan, its the nature of these sort of devices that they will be, beat like Jameson, Jenna, of course.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:18 PM

Send it back, get a new one? Or no warranty?

I've dropped my mini, not on concrete, but it's been fine always.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM

i saw a review where they did much worse and it kept working pretty well. either way, isn't apple good about replacing them?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i saw a review where they did much worse and it kept working pretty well. either way, isn't apple good about replacing them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that review was real, but if you had seen what my screen looks like now you'd swear it was BS.

This is entirely my fault, surely they won't replace? Looking into it now.

I can't even claim that I got it out of my pocket and it was like this, as the right side of the click wheel is depressed slightly and feels weird, kinda obvious it's been dropped.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a 2 yr replacement plan, its the nature of these sort of devices that they will be, beat like Jameson, Jenna, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I think it's more to do with the crappy manufacturing of this item. I don't think it's good enough to say 'oh well that's just the nature of it, [censored] happens'. So many people are having problems with their Nano like this that it's clearly just shitty design with cheap parts to reduce costs.

My MP3 player (Muro-100, 256mb) is 1 1/2 years old. I've dropped at least 100 times. The screen is cracked from one of the droppages, but it's a small, unimportant crack, and apart from that, it works perfectly. Clearly, it's not 'the nature of these sort of devices' at all.

Apple proves their sucktitude once again by releasing yet another shitty product.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that review was real, but if you had seen what my screen looks like now you'd swear it was BS.

I can't even claim that I got it out of my pocket and it was like this, as the right side of the click wheel is depressed slightly and feels weird, kinda obvious it's been dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped my mini, and the wheel was shooved in, I took it to the Apple store, and they exchanged it for me. I dont think the 17 year old behind the couter cared what I did to it, he just gave me a new one.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try and get a new one. The mere fact that you dropped it should not result in the unit being destroyed. That's obviously shitty quality and shitty design, and they should take some responsibility for it.

Obviously people are gonna drop these things. They are small. People drop small things. I drop my MP3 player, my cell phones, even my calculator regularly. All of it still works just fine, because these items were made with the expectation that the user will on occasion drop them.

The problem is the Nano, not with people dropping things. Apple need to fix their shitty product, and they should certainly replace yours. I'd just ask for my money back personally.