Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain\'t no school quitter

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, i don't really care what you think about me

[/ QUOTE ]Then what was the point of the original post?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i should of started my degree

[/ QUOTE ]Do they give degress to people who don't know the difference between "should of" and "should have"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone see the difference between FieryJustice and stanzee, other than one dropping out of college and the other one deciding to finally start a degree? 10 points for the correct answer! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, one is going to be out shagging loads of girls every night, while the other one is going to be knocking one out in front of his pc every night.

I mean no disrespect to FieryJustice, and i'm glad he's happy with his decision, but giving up school and not being in a work environment kinda limits you to meeting new people, in fact it almost sounds like he's secluding himself which i think is a shame. Life's too short. But i guess whatever makes you happy, you should do.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i should of started my degree

[/ QUOTE ]Do they give degress to people who don't know the difference between "should of" and "should have"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's the laziness kicking in again [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:44 PM

I guess what most people dont understand about me is that I have no desire to meet fake people who think they are important, and I sure dont have a desire to work for someone else doing something I dont like.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone see the difference between FieryJustice and stanzee, other than one dropping out of college and the other one deciding to finally start a degree? 10 points for the correct answer! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, one is going to be out shagging loads of girls every night, while the other one is going to be knocking one out in front of his pc every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I mean no disrespect to FieryJustice

[/ QUOTE ]

oh of course not!

[ QUOTE ]
and i'm glad he's happy with his decision, but giving up school and not being in a work environment kinda limits you to meeting new people, in fact it almost sounds like he's secluding himself which i think is a shame. Life's too short. But i guess whatever makes you happy, you should do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the first time I have ever agreed with you! The end is coming!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:46 PM

Even though I was pretty much always going to do it, going to uni was the best thing I ever did. I'm terrified of finishing my degree cos I kno it's all downhill from there.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I was pretty much always going to do it, going to uni was the best thing I ever did. I'm terrified of finishing my degree cos I kno it's all downhill from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
In everyone one of these kind of threads I feel like I have to represent the older folks. College was fun, but/and I enjoy life every bit as much now as I did in college. My impression is that Skip enjoys life more than most of you angst filled kids and he's about as much older than I am as I am older than most of you. And for those of you that think college is the best time of life, well, my 3 and 5 year old kids are probably an order of magnitude happier than any of you and they don't have to get drunk to get there.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM

hey dont say that, because I might actually finish this seven year plan Im on.

I know it can't get better, if it does, I will be in heaven.

But yes, poker has absolutely given me the freedom of taking 18 hours a semester, and not worrying abuot it, because poker is a combination work/fun thing anyways.

plus I actually scored a girlfriend who plays... well!

btw, to the poster who asked whether or not they give degrees to reta...people who say "should of"..... you should see my class.

A degree is a piece of paper, no more... and it's not often that hard to get.

But hey stanzee, Im in computer science, and Im lazy, allright!

Fiery, screw everyone else, live your life the way you wanna. gg mate.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In everyone one of these kind of threads I feel like I have to represent the older folks. College was fun, but/and I enjoy life every bit as much now as I did in college. My impression is that Skip enjoys life more than most of you angst filled kids and he's about as much older than I am as I am older than most of you. And for those of you that think college is the best time of life, well, my 3 and 5 year old kids are probably an order of magnitude happier than any of you and they don't have to get drunk to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always reassuring to hear something like this, even if I am probably going to do the solitary 'Fiery' route and live in Barcelona, write and play poker. I'm a firm believer that as a guy your father has a massive bearing (unconsciously or not) on your life, and seeing as mine is stuck in a 9-5 job he hates with only his art to escape to, I figured I'd end up the same way.