Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Default FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain\'t no school quitter!

Just read part of a thread from FieryJustice saying he's gonna quit his degree to take up poker, and the past year i've heard a few (to say the least!) poker kids saying that they're dropping out of Uni to play poker.

Well, this ain't for Stanzee, in fact Stanzee's gonna do the opposite. When i should of started my degree a couple of years back, i was lucky enough to land myself a very nicely paid job in London, so opted out of studying. 18 months ago gaining a degree would of meant the special one quitting his nice cushy 9-5 job, with his semi-luxury lifestyle, to become a student who'd be broke all the time. Now Stanzee don't do broke!

Thanks to my god given talent for poker, i can now go to university and gain a degree without having to worry about money. You see, poker has given me the chance to go to college, not drop out of college, when before i would of never have considered it purely for financial reasons.

I'm enrolling for September 2006 and i think i'll look back at it as the best decision i've made in my life. Keep's my parents happy too!

I just can't wait to have more time for poker, and i also cant wait to be living it large EVERY single night of the week, meeting tons more girls then i currently have time for, drinking as much booze and doing as many recreational drugs as i want and not having to worry about getting up for work every morning. Who the hell would want to give that lifestyle up i ask you??? In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain\'t no school quitter!

[ QUOTE ]
Just read part of a thread from FieryJustice saying he's gonna quit his degree to take up poker, and the past year i've heard a few (to say the least!) poker kids saying that they're dropping out of Uni to play poker.

Well, this ain't for Stanzee, in fact Stanzee's gonna do the opposite. When i should of started my degree a couple of years back, i was lucky enough to land myself a very nicely paid job in London, so opted out of studying. 18 months ago gaining a degree would of meant the special one quitting his nice cushy 9-5 job, with his semi-luxury lifestyle, to become a student who'd be broke all the time. Now Stanzee don't do broke!

Thanks to my god given talent for poker, i can now go to university and gain a degree without having to worry about money. You see, poker has given me the chance to go to college, not drop out of college, when before i would of never have considered it purely for financial reasons.

I'm enrolling for September 2006 and i think i'll look back at it as the best decision i've made in my life. Keep's my parents happy too!

I just can't wait to have more time for poker, and i also cant wait to be living it large EVERY single night of the week, meeting tons more girls then i currently have time for, drinking as much booze and doing as many recreational drugs as i want and not having to worry about getting up for work every morning. Who the hell would want to give that lifestyle up i ask you??? In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's not so dumb after all? good for you...I agree
Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain\'t no school quitter

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to study something like sociology or psychology, you might have time to play poker and party all the time. On the other hand, those fields might help you understand why no one likes you. You're probably not smart enough for an engineering or science degree anyway.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: FieryJustice may leave school, but Stanzee ain\'t no school quitter!

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Luck
Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, i think i'll actually be disappointed if i haven't caught aids by the time i've finished with college [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, funding your prostitution habit by playing the $5+$1 SNGs sounds like a great lifestyle... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to study something like sociology or psychology, you might have time to play poker and party all the time. On the other hand, those fields might help you understand why no one likes you. You're probably not smart enough for an engineering or science degree anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i don't really care what you think about me, and i'm surprising myself by giving your reply the time of day. As far as brains are concerned i am smart enough to do engineering, maths, law or any of the science degrees. Unfortunately though, when God was handing me looks, charm, charisma, brains etc i think he accidently gave me laziness as well, so a degree in the above is out of the question because i know i wont put the work in. So yes, i am opting for a slightly "easier" degree. But hey, a degree in something is better than a degree in nothing.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:27 PM

FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FieryJustice quit school a while ago and is quite glad he did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone see the difference between FieryJustice and stanzee, other than one dropping out of college and the other one deciding to finally start a degree? 10 points for the correct answer! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:30 PM

this school wouldnt happen to be on a far away island with no internet access, would it?

crossing my fingers,
fuji
Old 10-19-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i should of started my degree

[/ QUOTE ]Do they give degress to people who don't know the difference between "should of" and "should have"?