Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:32 PM

Default 1/2 Stud High - 6 max

First time playing Stud High 6 max.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

<font color="blue">Seat 4 didn’t need much to lead here. </font>

5th Street - (2.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

<font color="blue">Well shoot, OK raise anyway. </font>

River - (8.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (10.75 BB)

Results: (in white) <font color="white">
Main Pot: $20.50 | Rake: $1

Seat 4: [ 8d 4h 4s Qd Kd Ac 8h ] [ two pairs, eights and fours -- Ac,8d,8h,4h,4s ]

Hero: [ Kh Ks 6d 8s 3c 2h 3d ] [ two pairs, kings and threes -- Kh,Ks,8s,3c,3d ]
</font>
Old 10-19-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Stud High - 6 max

Why no raise on 4th or 5th?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 01:49 PM

Um, raise 5th.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on previous hands, I knew he could be betting pretty light. On fourth, I made the decision to wait until sixth to raise because I didn’t want to lose him.

Thinking about it afterwards I figured that was a bad plan. I’m giving him a cheap shot to outdraw me and he was tenacious enough to have called a couple of raises from me, I think.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I don't think he'd fold with the board u're showing anyways. I'd probably raise 4th, but waiting for 5th will probably get you the most bang for ur buck.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, raise 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff,

This guy was not a maniac but you can see how he kept betting his small pair into the third street completer.

With his board forcing him to act first, what do you think the chances are that he bets into me again after I raise him on fourth. I mean, my board looks like crap.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he'd fold with the board u're showing anyways. I'd probably raise 4th, but waiting for 5th will probably get you the most bang for ur buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just mentioned my board to Jeff. It’s probably too much to hope that he’d bet into me again if I raise him on fourth, but I think your right about him not folding to a fifth street raise.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:11 PM

What's 4th got to do, got to do with it? Your board is not scary at all. This chump probably thinks his pair is better than yours. Show him the error of his ways on 5th when the bet doubles. He'll pay you off like a slot machine and if he doesn't, well, he can't draw out. Lay the hammer down when it's expensive.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's 4th got to do, got to do with it? <font color="red"> ROFL </font> Your board is not scary at all. This chump probably thinks his pair is better than yours. Show him the error of his ways on 5th when the bet doubles. He'll pay you off like a slot machine and if he doesn't, well, he can't draw out. Lay the hammer down when it's expensive.

<font color="red"> Agreed </font>
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]