Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: TPNK turn fold.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your game is where you're raising w/ SC's and such, it's because you are/should be good enough not to lose much money in these exact type of situations (which arise often). Fold, of course.
Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

bonus question: why do you think I posted this?

[/ QUOTE ]he showed you 6s7s?
we dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. this is amazing. i posted the hand because i did not know what to do when he raised me. I folded me and he didnt show me his cards.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the pot 180 going into the turn if you made it 40 preflop he calls and the blinds fold? first of all that would mean 95 in the pot on the flop... then you say you bet "7/9 (whatever the F that means) to take it down right there" well even if you bet half pot or thereabouts it would still be awkward. besides that, when you say you bet something to take it down right there, it suggests betting close to pot. which would make the pot a lot bigger than it was going into the turn.

i really can't give any criticism since you're so unclear about the bets. did this hand not actually even take place or did you have trouble multiplying the stakes by 5.23409 or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot was not $180 going to the turn, it was $240. When I say I bet 7/9, i bet $70 into a $90 pot. sorr.u
Old 10-16-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folded me and he didnt show me his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good fold, but really not what I can call a big laydown. You didn't fold the best hand, of that I'm sure. I mean, think about it, what hands could he be raising on the turn that you are ahead of? 9,2? AK? You're only beating a stone cold bluff at that point, and he isn't nearly deep enough to try to push you off your "overpair." See what I mean? Unless I had a read, I'm not even betting the turn... check-calling, probably, and trying to get to a cheap showdown.

Kirk