Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 10-07-2005, 05:49 PM

Default By The Time My PokerTracker Imports The Hands...

I have an issue with PokerTracker. Basically, since I have a full time job, I really only have time to play online poker in 30 minute spurts of free time. I have Pokertracker and Gametime+, but here is my problem. By the time my Pokertracker imports a single hand from my session, it is usually a 30-40 minutes into the session and I have to leave already. That means seeing my opponents stats is helping me not at all!

First off, is there something wrong with my computer or Pokertracker or is this amount of time to import hands normal? I suppose it is worth mentioning that, even though all hands from previous sessions are already imported, Pokertracker always finds about 120 files to import when I run it again. I'm sure this is why it is taking 30 minutes everytime, but am unsure how to fix it.

Thanks!

PS -- I have heard people mention using Pokertracker for table selection. How does one do this when you need to sit down for some hands before you can even view the table stats? By table selection, do they simply mean "get up from the table if it sucks" ?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: By The Time My PokerTracker Imports The Hands...

You're doing something wrong. PT imports my hands in about 10 seconds in one minute intervals. What site are you importing from? What interval is your timer on the auto-import set to?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:57 PM

First of all, what site is it that this is happening at? Depending on the site, there is a different method to fixing the problem. If you are at Party, make sure that you click the "Move processed files" button in the auto-import screen. If you do not do that, then there will be hundreds of files being imported at a time. When you do do this, there will only be a few files being imported at a time, and it should take no more than a few seconds.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:59 PM

I am importing from Empire.

My PT is set to import every 1 minute.

It takes 30 minutes after it first tells me "PT has found 120 files in your folder"

Then it tries to run an import 10 more times and always says "an import is already in progress."
Old 10-07-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are at Party, make sure that you click the "Move processed files" button in the auto-import screen. If you do not do that, then there will be hundreds of files being imported at a time. When you do do this, there will only be a few files being imported at a time, and it should take no more than a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming this is true for Empire as well. I made sure to do that when I first set it up, but now I realized something. I have since moved my "Processed HHs" folder. I wonder if that is not allowing the processed files to be moved and thus PT is re-importing them everytime I set it up.

I'll look into that and get back...
Old 10-07-2005, 06:05 PM

Sounds like the "Move processed files" issue already mentioned. If you do that, then PT will just see the current histories and not have to weed through hundreds it already knows about.

Regards,

T
Old 10-07-2005, 06:05 PM

Hm. Nevermind, the folder was set up fine. I should have the box next to "Move processed files to the following folder when I close this window" checked, right?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm. Nevermind, the folder was set up fine. I should have the box next to "Move processed files to the following folder when I close this window" checked, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this doesn't fix the issue, how many hands do you have in your database and are you "auto rating" players? Also, what are the specs on your computer? We'll get this figured out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 06:15 PM

I'm a spaz today. I just found this in the PT help files that may help as well:

[ QUOTE ]

DO NOT - use a folder that is in the same path where Party Poker is writing the hand history files to. For instance, DO NOT use a folder name called c:\partypoker\handhistory\processed files because this will just cause these files to be read the next time you use the auto-import.

Please note: if you use this feature and you close the auto-import window before closing the tables that are being logged, PT will copy the files over but it will not be able to remove the files from the hand history folder because the files are locked as long as the tables are open.

[/ QUOTE ]