Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:41 AM

Default PARTY 10/20PL. KK PF SITUATION.

the deal is i just just just got in the game... saw MP make a somewhat transparent bluff on the end (he got called by third pair and it was a really easy call). that is the only hand that has even seen a flop. game was short and i just posted the hand before this (so did one or two others)... ive never seen a single one of these ppl so no reads for real... the only info i have is their stacksize and screennames.
i suspect UTG is a donk and i called his minraise hoping somebody would pop it behind us... game appears to be revved up with a big average pot and 4handed action on the party table listing screen.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter

UTG ($2575)
Hero ($1980)
MP1 ($3243.38)
MP2 ($1970)
CO ($1505)
Button ($2056)
SB ($1980)
BB ($1200)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $20. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $40, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $210</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $490</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, hero...

WOAH.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: PARTY 10/20PL. KK PF SITUATION.

Calling is really transparent, no? A push looks like an isolation and could be called by QQ/JJ maybe even TT or AK.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling is really transparent, no? A push looks like an isolation and could be called by QQ/JJ maybe even TT or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]true, but...
these guys dont know me. at all. i mean whatsoever... they do know i post CO in a 6handed game.
one of them might have AA and they will likely call.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:00 AM

Push or fold.

Flip a coin or something.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

one of them might have AA and they will likely call.

[/ QUOTE ]The way this is worded got a chuckle out of me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 02:41 AM

fold one or both of them have AA
Old 10-05-2005, 02:51 AM

in my short time in this game ive seen a few things.

ive made some fukn tough calls w/ 1 pair hands and won 90% of them...but damn, ive never seen this spot YET with KK...im usually stuck thinking postflop about 'em...

hmmmm, aces is definately possible, calling gives away your hand for sure. but i dont quite think im ready to give up KK vs. some crazy people's raise. id have to test them to see how crazy they are.

id come on over for it all here and would probably be wrong to do so but im thinkin

1) those who DONT have aces are thinking "why would he do this with aces"..at least thats the kinda thought process these people go through id have to assume to make some of the calls they make.

2) 4:1 against aces even if he's got 'em and theres some dead money in the pot

3) if the original raiser has AA, then theres more dead money that you may attract w/ QQ-TT

4) not a bad way to start your image at the table.

so in your spot id probably push it in htere...i guess i already miss the variance from limit and am just lookin for ways to increase this low NL variance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM

Not a good situation. We've all been there and I I've been burned enough times that I'm very careful to avoid this. It tends to knock me off my zen when I'm down a stack before I sit down.

Your sitting at a full table and in the space of one orbit several players leave and you're playing 6-Max. Two players don't like playing short so now you're down to four.

As you change your game and get in a new flow, suddenly in the blink of an eye you're back to full ring. As you pointed out the table avg. was high so these four players were giving/getting plenty of action. So, how quickly will they adjust to new table dynamics?

With no information this looks like -EV. Fold.

Feel lucky? Could be a coin flip, in which case you push now. Take charge! Think of your table image!

I think you'd be better off to take OU +13 1/2.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM

How many people reraise from the SB without aces ? I fold here.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:50 PM

I like folding here. I like re-raising the first time more, though.