Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 PM

Default QTd in BB

Button is 15/5
CO is 43/0

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

what do you guys think?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: QTd in BB

I'd cap it. Nobody gets credit for a better flush yet, especially since the turn also completes an OESD.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:41 PM

call and check call the river.

there aren't any flush hands that button can have here that we beat. he most likely wouldn't limp J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9:diamond or worse being 15% vpip, and you have the Q and T. the possible flush hands he has now are A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (he'd raise the AKs).

hope he has a set.

at first i wanted to call here, see if CO caps and if so check call the river. if CO didn't cap i would bet the river to trap him between, but looking at your hole cards, we're not looking too hot here.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 PM

Does everyone like leading the flop? I realize we have an equity edge and want to build a pot, but it would suck if MP2 raised, and would it be so bad to try and hit our flush for free? I also don't think we're taking this down right now on a coordinated board against 3 limpers.

I cap the turn.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:01 PM

But there's 6 combos of 77, and 3x3 of each of the set possibilities for a total of 15 hands we beat versus the two flush combos that we lose to. We'd need to discount the losing combinations very heavily (like by 90%) to be behind his average range, would we not?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But there's 6 combos of 77, and 3x3 of each of the set possibilities for a total of 15 hands we beat versus the two flush combos that we lose to. We'd need to discount the losing combinations very heavily (like by 90%) to be behind his average range, would we not?

[/ QUOTE ]
we really don't have a read on how he plays postflop, but the average tight passive 15/5 guy is going to have a very hard time 3-betting the turn with any set on this turn. that leaves the 6 combos of 77. do i think he 3-bets them here? not very often. by capping we also run the risk of folding the other dude.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:50 AM

Grunch:

Pre-flop: bet
Flop: good
Turn: call 3-bet
Old 10-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Cap and cap the river if the board doesnt pair up
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here at 2+2, we like to cap every street even when we've made a second best hand. We don't like to look weak tight in the eyes of our peers.

To ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S: Capping this turn and river is probably a significant mistake. What range of hands do you put the button on that you are ahead of? It's pretty obvious he's in love with his hand.

My weak tight perspective: I call the three bet and fold the river if it looks like the river is going to be capped. I don't mind showing this hand down for one more bet on the river, but I'm reluctant to put any more than that in. 15/5s don't limp with Jxs from the button, nor do they 3 bet a J high flush facing obvious aggression on the turn.