Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: $2/$4 Stud/8 - Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would either fold this hand on 3rd street or just limp in representing a low draw... If I did the latter, I would lead on 4th through 6th streets, and then call and muck on seventh

[/ QUOTE ]

When I play a high hand (esp. Queens), I almost always complete. I was happy to have only one caller besides the BI, even though the other caller raised.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:11 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 PM

I play it the same, but I'd reraise 3rd. It might get it HU (at these stakes it probably wouldn't).

Someone mentioned calling 3rd. I dunno if this is better, but in this case, you'd probably get at least one fold on 4th if you'd called.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM

I'm rather suprised everyone is saying that the river is a fold. Lets say no one was all in and seat 5 flat calls the river. It's 1 BB to you for a 14.6BBs pot. You're getting 7.3 to 1 and I think you're going to be good much more than that.

You're checking 6A25 to to seat 1, which just screams fives up, so the far most probable hand taht seat 1 will bet is is a 7low, not aces or two pair. Given how the hand has played out, hero is very likely to be good on 6th, and only has to dodge under 15 cards between the two of them. If villains has just $4 behind, its pretty reasonable for them to bet their 7low no pair and seat 5 will probably call the river with just about anything and hope his jacks are good.

If seat 1 and 5 had alot more chips behind and could be faced with a raise by betting the river, then I can maybe see a case for folding. Since they were almost all in, even if they had one last full bet, I'm calling this river everytime. But maybe i'm too lose on the river.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:28 PM

I dont like 5th. I would probably just give up at that point.

Edit: I dont like 3rd either. I dont know what I would do though. Probably do something different everytime depending on how the game was playing.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:39 PM

Why would you fold on 5th? In all the likely scenarios, you have the best hand at that point...
Plus you have the benefit of having an extremely deceptive board

Mike
Old 10-04-2005, 12:50 PM

If it were me, Id easily pay this off for a full bet on the river. Both Seat 1 and Seat 5 need to have perfect hole cards to have a straight. Seat 5 could easily have Js up, but not often enough to make a call -EV I would think.

Aicirt
Old 10-04-2005, 12:52 PM

Thanks BRL,

I think I see what your saying. If we do take the all-ins out of the mixed, do you think I can call a bet and (full) check-raise on sixth?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I dont like 3rd either. I dont know what I would do though. Probably do something different everytime depending on how the game was playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that because of the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] behind me? If one of them had called, this hand would have been played very differently.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:25 PM

I dont want to fold, but I dont want to bet. There is chance on 5th you are now slightly behind. You are most likely a little ahead but I am not a huge fan of making thin value bets into two opponents when one of them could raise. It then also commits you just little more on 6th when sh*t could hit the fan and you might be guessing if you hand is good or not.