Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Knicks get Eddy Curry

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta be kidding me. [censored] [censored], that's terrible news. God, I bet he'll play out of his mind this season; he has a lot of doubters to prove wrong. Man, he was key to getting us to the playoffs; didn't they see how the Wizzard's tore us apart without him? Tyson Chandler sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless what you think of Curry, this is a great deal for the Bulls. Thomas was apparently bidding against himself since no one else was interested. This is a coup for the Bulls, who had no choice but to move him at this point.

Look, he was a serious question mark as far as giving him the max deal he wanted BEFORE the heart problems. His defense, work ethic and attitude made that contract a huge risk. Yes, he's a potentially dominant low post scorer, but overpaying for potential is a disaster in the NBA (witness new Bull Tim Thomas' contract). This is as good as could have been hoped for.

And Chandler is going to be Ben Wallace Jr. Wash out your mouth.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:26 AM

If you can keep Sweetney in shape and you actually let him play 30+, he should be a lock for 15 and 10 - and he's a good compliment to Chandler.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can keep Sweetney in shape and you actually let him play 30+, he should be a lock for 15 and 10 - and he's a good compliment to Chandler.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited about getting Sweetney.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta be kidding me. [censored] [censored], that's terrible news. God, I bet he'll play out of his mind this season; he has a lot of doubters to prove wrong. Man, he was key to getting us to the playoffs; didn't they see how the Wizzard's tore us apart without him? Tyson Chandler sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless what you think of Curry, this is a great deal for the Bulls. Thomas was apparently bidding against himself since no one else was interested. This is a coup for the Bulls, who had no choice but to move him at this point.

Look, he was a serious question mark as far as giving him the max deal he wanted BEFORE the heart problems. His defense, work ethic and attitude made that contract a huge risk. Yes, he's a potentially dominant low post scorer, but overpaying for potential is a disaster in the NBA (witness new Bull Tim Thomas' contract). This is as good as could have been hoped for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, the contract certainly has some risk, but the guy is very talented. Having him in the post, with Heinrich and Gordon at point is a high-powered combination. And, Noccioni (sp) is Ben Wallace Jr., except he scores more. That guy is an animal. I sort of resent Tyson Chandler, b/c he was so hyped up, and has done nothing but let me down. Maybe this season he'll fulfill the potential everyone boasts about, but as of right now I have a pretty cynical outlook. Good analysis though, I'm now less annoyed than my initial reaction.

P.S- Wash out my mouth? I don't even consider Sh.t to be a swear word, but fer some reason the mods here do. Anyways, sorry mom
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S- Wash out my mouth? I don't even consider Sh.t to be a swear word, but fer some reason the mods here do. Anyways, sorry mom

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't referring to the swear word. I was referring to the blasphemy that Chandler sucks. He's the glue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't referring to the swear word. I was referring to the blasphemy that Chandler sucks. He's the glue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh ha, well a lot of the reputable analysts agree with you. We'll see. Overall though, I'm very optimistic about all of the Chicago sports teams. The Blackhawks will be great this season, the Bulls are coming off of a hot streak, the Bears have an outstanding defense and the White Sox are finally playing well again (although I'm a Cubs fan). Whenever I think about this, I feel pretty good.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 AM

The Bulls made the smart choice, and got about as good a deal as they could hope for. Still, whether or not any of this is a good turn of events for them will be determined by how Curry's health turns out. He proved that he could be a dominant scorer, it wasn't just about potential anymore. If he's going to be a productive player for the next ten years, then the Bulls got screwed out of a future allstar for the last pick in the first round draft, a decent backup PF, a salary cap killer, and some second round draft picks. If it turns out that Curry really is a health liability, then they basically got something for nothing. It's probably best for them to move on, but this a big hit, and a shame for them. They can't look forward to the same success next year.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:22 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

All he's gotta do is get out of Tayshaun Prince's weight class.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 AM

I heard it was the Knicks 1st rounder in 2006.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:46 AM

bust.